Thousand Gifts 417-435

My Monday morning started off much the same as Sunday - bright and early with Rory (yes, the 6:00 a.m. wake times continue). She loves to be my hairstylist (that's kind of on hold for a while) or give me a pedicure, etc. And since my feet are killing me these days from chemo and other medicine side effects, I was more than happy to let her spend an hour (oh, yes, a whole hour) rubbing my feet and legs. She had the best time chatting with me and pretending to be McKenzie with a 6 year old daughter. And the best part is, she  has no idea I got the best part of this deal. :) And I apologize for my feet making yet another appearance on the blog. 

By the way, does her new shorter hair look cute or what!

072511


417. Google Reader
418. being cleared for chemo
419. date day
420. lunch at P.F. Chang's
421. watching Camden and Rory thoroughly enjoy their new kittens
422. a new red shirt
423. completing round #4
424. my camera (fairly certain I've been thankful for this before, but it can't be said enough)
425. cards from new friends
426. sleep
427. Brian's sense of humor
428. finding good end of season sales
429. fresh corn on the cob
430. Psalm 31:14-15, I trust in you, O Lord; I say, You are my God. My times are in Your hands.
431. the reminder that "this is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
432. Sunday snuggles with Rory
433. Camden's excitement over new school supplies
434. chicken salad from Burdett's
435. a quick one-armed side hug from Camden
436. foot rubs from Rory
437. anticipation of new projects
438. hot water

Comments

Her new haircut is DARLING!!!
Amy said…
I love love love her new do!! And we should get Lukas and Rory together since he loves 6 am waketimes too. They could keep each other company and we could sleep! :)
NorasMommy said…
Rory's haircut is adorable! Makes me think about having Nora's cut short again. She's been refusing pigtails lately which leaves her looking much like Cousin It!
Elizabeth Frick said…
The hair is ADORABLE!!!
And my goodness, sign me up for one of those hour-long pedicures!
Jill said…
Her short hair looks adorable! I really think she is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen. :-)
Jessie said…
You've got one special little girl there! She loves her mama! Snuggling is grand and I'm sure those foot/leg rubs are divine!
Wendy said…
An hour long foot rub....that sounds heavenly!!!
Rory's hair is very cute! :)
Anonymous said…
Tell Rory to save me a foot rub!!
Grandpa is a little too rough, but sweet, huh! Such a sweet little girl, (and her mommy).
Anonymous said…
I forgot to say how much I love the verse, "..my times are in Your Hands."So true, and so comforting in many areas of life."
Gma E.
Mandy said…
Love Rory's haircut - so cute!
Anonymous said…
my goodness- Rory's haircut is fantastic!

-Renee
Is there anything more heavenly than foot rubs? I think not. And, it is without question a fact that your daughter is the cutest child I have ever seen. (It's okay, my children don't blog. They will never know.)
Kelle said…
Her haircut is adorable!!! Such a cutie!
Krista said…
I love Rory's new style... I wish my hair looked that good! And 429... yum!!
Joanna B said…
Oh my, her new haircut is so stinking cute, I can hardly stand it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5