A Whole Lotta Stuff

Hold on, it's going to be a long one!

Our weekend started with our afternoon with Camden Friday. We took him to Target to do a little shopping for Rory before the movie. Something we started this year was taking each kid not only on a date, but letting them choose something for each other for Christmas. It's a way for them to do something nice for each other and I tried to make both of them to really think through what would make the other happy. With a $5 limit, of course. Camden was pretty enthralled with Voyage of the Dawn Treader and was literally on the edge of his seat the entire time. Brian fell asleep so that tells you how he felt about it. I thought it was fun, but not nearly as good as the first two.

Really, could I have taken a worse picture? One of these days I'll start leaving the tiny purse camera at home and lugging around the big girl all the time.
122010_1

122010_2

This cracks me up. He's so skinny, he still doesn't really hold the seat down on his own. We kept teasing him about getting one of the toddler booster seats.
122010_3

We finished Friday night up with pizza at Gram and Gramp's house. Saturday I ran to Nashville for a haircut, then came home to a sick husband and a whole lot of housework in preparation for this week. Saturday night was a white elephant party and provided a much-needed little break from housework (and kids).

Sunday Brian decided he needed to go back to the doctor and we discovered he has strep. Again. For the second weekend in a row. Seriously. Sunday night was the kid's Christmas program followed by a Christmas party at church, and Brian had to miss it.

I have a whole lot of really bad pictures (seriously, how do you take pictures in a church at night?), but I thought this one kind of said it all: Camden's earnest face, Rory hamming it up.
122010_4

Although I do have to include this one. When the kids lined up, Rory immediately started directing and telling them what to do. I know you find that hard to believe.
122010_5

And one more because it's the only one (from a photography standpoint) that was actually in focus and with good white balance, etc. I think they all look pretty adorable.
122010_6

Here's also a small video, but I'm just saying listen/watch at your own risk.The singing yelling is just a tad out of control.

We've also started our Christmas family visits. Micah, Becky, William, and Xavier (or the Derby tornado as we like to call them) arrived Sunday afternoon. The three boys have already sustained injuries from all the wrestling, and Rory is already acting out because "they won't pway wif me."Unfortunately, she does tend to get left out of all cousin activities because she's younger than all of them. Not to mention they're boys who love Star Wars not little girl cousins/sisters.

And, finally, several of you have emailed me about Rory's hat in this post. Rory's hats come almost exclusively from Briar Claire Etsy shop, but this one I purchased several years ago (maybe before she was even home) from this shop.

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
Wow. You weren't kidding about the singing! ;)
It's so super cute that they sang with such gusto! I would prefer that over barely being able to hear them. And MAN that Rory has SASS!!! I love it!
Camden on the movie theatre seat just made my night. Something tells me I'll see that in real life one day...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel