Tuesday's Tidbits

"I don't think she's going to know the answers. She's, like, only 26." This would be from Camden after I mentioned he might want to ask his teacher a specific question.

"Mommy! You karate kidded me!" from Rory after I snuck up behind her and gave her a little kick on the hiney.

Brian and I choose to keep the TV off while the kids are up, even the news because they are both much too attentive. The exceptions are usually The Food Network or football. Well, last night I had turned on The Sing-Off (which is pretty family friendly) and Rory immediately struck their exact pose and started singing along Baby, Baby by Justin Bieber. It is uncanny how observant she is.

I mentioned on FB yesterday that I'd found writing on the bathroom tile. Camden admitted he was writing a message to the "commander of his metal army." It said "I MS U." Apparently, the commander had died in battle. Seriously such a boy. Because he immediately told the truth when we asked, we gave no punishment other than cleaning up the floor and a very serious warning as to what would happen if he did it again.

And remember the toothpaste? Camden finally told us how it gets everywhere, including the ceiling. He's trying to clean his toothbrush and it gets on his fingers so he flicks it off. Well, that makes sense, doesn't it.

And Happy Birthday, Brian! Rory and I are bringing him lunch today and I'm making his favorite meal and a pound cake (also his favorite) for dessert. 

Sahlin Studio: Innovation
072310_imagine-web

Comments

Joy said…
Happy Birthday to Brian! Hope he enjoys his day!

After living with an almost 6 year old boy, I totally believe the "toothpaste flicking" thing. : )
Elizabeth Frick said…
Hey! You solved the mystery of the toothpaste! Now you can sleep, right? :) I hope Camden knows the error of his ways now...
And I am SO relieved that, even at his age, Camden fesses up to a crime. Please tell me that kids never outgrow that!
Happy Birthday Brian!

Great tidbits... as always!
Anonymous said…
Hi Melissa,

I can just picture cute Rory singing and dancing. Rory might like this video "Nobody" by a Korean Group "Wonder Girls". It's catch tune and a simple and cute dance routine was very popular with not only Korean but other Asian kids. Here is the link to the Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdzg9DB4t0&feature=related
Sanna from Hong Kong

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel