Little of This and That

Since Brian was out of school yesterday, and the freezing rain (which never materialized) wasn't supposed to hit until afternoon, we ventured out and hit up Wal-mart, Kohl's, and the mall to finish off holiday preparations and Christmas shopping. And this would be in addition to the NINE stops I made Tuesday. With the exception of a quick grocery run next week, some baking this weekend and actually wrapping the presents, I think I'm finished with everything and can just enjoy the many activities coming up. And let me just tell ya, the next 3 weeks are killer around here. ;)

This morning was our first "normal" morning this week. Brian and Camden are both now back to school, although I'm picking Camden up at 10:30 because a Christmas party is the only thing on his agenda. I'm feeling very sorry for Brian and his group of 23 4th graders who have just had 3 snow days and know that their Christmas party and start of Christmas break is tomorrow. Who thinks he's going to come home a bit frazzled?

In the midst of my frantic errands earlier this week, I was able to meet my friend Tina for lunch. We are about as different as you can possibly imagine, but she is one of my favorite people. For instance, we attended a conference together several years ago and were asked to give a quick phrase describing ourselves. Her phrase was, "I'm outdoorsy." Mine was, "I'm indoorsy." We worked together at FWBBC for years and despite seeing each other every day always had a Christmas lunch during Christmas break. And even now that I'm not working with her anymore, we always get together at Christmas (and plenty of other times as well). It dawned on me that next year we'll be in Texas and that this was our last annual Melissa/Tina Christmas lunch so I brought my camera and we tried very hard to snap a quick picture. Imagine us standing outside Which Wich in 15 degree weather on ice trying to snap this stupid self portrait. We were laughing too hard to ask someone to help, which is probably a good thing.

121610_1

Because of our snow days and slower schedule, I've been able to get some scrapping done the last couple of weeks, and it feels good!

December BYOC at The Lilypad
122509_hohoho-web


Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
I know there was so much more to this post, but I just couldn't get over how *beautiful* look in that photo, Melissa!
Whew! I'm tired just reading this!

And I agree... beautiful - and I would NEVER guess your real age!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel