Birthday Lunch

Lunch with daddy yesterday for his birthday consisted of a Wendy's hamburger, but I did cook one of his favorite meals for dinner (recipe below). I also attempted a new pound cake recipe and it was kind of a disaster, but that should come as no surprise to those who know and love me. :)

120810

Comforting Chicken
Saute one finely diced onion and 1 lb. diced chicken in 1 stick butter. Add 6 sliced potatoes and 4 carrots. Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked. Add 1 cup whipping cream and 2 cloves minced garlic. Simmer until thickened.
Easy enough, right? It's really delicious although I don't make it very often because hello, butter and cream! And it's even better the next day.



Comments

Amanda said…
Thanks for sharing the recipe. It sounds delicious. I am going to have to give it a try.
Brian Lewis said…
It was a great lunch and a really, really awesome supper. EVERYONE needs to try the recipe!
Both those meals sound perfect to me! YUM! I'm going to have to try that chicken recipe... Mmmmm...

(PS - great tones for what I am guessing in florescent lighting?)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel