It's a Date

Christmas break has officially begun at the Lewis household. Camden had his Christmas party at school yesterday and I picked him up at 10:30. Do you see the energy in these eyes? Oh, yes, the energy is at an all-time high. Not to mention the noise. At one point yesterday afternoon, I actually set the timer for 10 minutes and told him I was in time-out and couldn't answer any questions. Yes, I seriously did. I needed just a few moments peace.
121710

Brian finishes up at school at 11:00 and then we're taking Camden to see the new Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie. He is SO excited. We've been reading the Narnia books to him for the past year or so, and he's seen the first two movies. He's been waiting for this one since July. We've decided to take each kid on a date (without the other kiddo around) this Christmas break, and this was his choice (Rory's date is Tuesday). I'm excited to see the movie, but mostly to spend some time with Camden alone.

Last night the kids stayed at Gram and Gramp's house while Brian and I had dinner with friends. Our friend owns a fundraising consulting business for non profit organizations so it was a working dinner. (We have to raise our own salary for the church in Texas in case I haven't mentioned that here before.) It was good to see them and and it's good to have a plan. I'll be honest: this part scares me to death. But I know that we're following God's will for our lives, and that since it's His plan for us to move to Texas, He also has a plan for this.
And two new scrapbook pages. Both of these designs are new today at The Lilypad.

050910_conquer-lgweb

Gina Miller/Jacque Larsen: Santa's Workshop
121110_christmas-wish-web

Comments

Jenn T. said…
Ah - putting yourself on time-out! I've got to try that. What a great idea!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Sigh... making your own salary is indeed a very scary thing. But it's so rewarding to choose your work and succeed in something you're passionate about.
Anonymous said…
LOL, yeah, just a LITTLE energy in those eyes!!!

let me know how the movie was, we are planning to go in the next couple weeks!
That shot of C is fabulous... and FULL of energy. Wow!

Fun idea about the dates with the kiddos... I'll totally be borrowing that.

And, yikes, it is scary to have to "find" your salary.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel