Christmas Eve

I wasn't planning to share more Christmas pictures, but I found these from Christmas Eve and decided there was no choice but to post them.

Mom brought her famous sugar cookies to ice and decorate and let the kids help out. She enlisted Dad's help. The kids had a blast although I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad were ready to just call it a day and go to bed when they finished.

Have you seen a cuter chef?
122410_4

122410_3

Mr. Personality
122410_6

William was slightly quieter
122410_5

Our tradition for Christmas Eve is to attend a Christmas Eve service and then come home for appetizers. Because of freezing rain, we had to skip the service, but appetizers were definitely still on the agenda. I actually have food pictures, but thought I'd spare you all the details.

They'll kill me for this.
122410_8

The group. Notice the Sequence game already on the table. The theme for the week during each meal was to let the kids eat on a blanket in the living room with a Christmas-themed TV show while the adults ate at the table and played Sequence.
122410_9

Mom and Dad always read to the kids at bedtime. Apparently, mom and Camden thought something was really funny.
122410_7

This is what Uncle Michael thought of it all. In his defense, he'd been working all day (he's a UPS driver).
122410_10

We always take a quick picture before bedtime in their Christmas p.j.'s.
122410_2

And the whole group of munchkins.
122410_1

Seriously, this is all the Christmas pictures I'm going to post. Promise.

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
So much fun! I love the idea of kids eating on blankets while adults enjoy the table and a game. And poor Uncle Michael... I can imagine that xmas is NOT the UPS folks' favorite time of year.
Amy said…
I don't know if you and Brian are planning on adopting again, but if you decide to...will you adopt me and Mitchell, at least during Christmas? :) Seriously, every year when I read your's and Becky's Christmas posts I get so jealous. You guys look like you have the best time together and the food always looks amazing!!
joelsgirl said…
Yeah, you totally win the Christmas pics. I love 'em! Especially that one with the grands all dressed up in adorable pajamas with your mom! Cute stuff!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for posting the family celebrations pics. Great!!!
Gma E.
I'm feeling like I dropped the photo ball this year... These are some great pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel