Random Friday

A few random things from our week:
  • Rory runs everywhere. Always has. As a result, she bangs into doors, corners, trips over her own feet more times a day than I can count. So far she's avoided banging up her face, but it's only a matter of time.
  • Camden has to wear his shirt tucked in for school. While this is perfectly acceptable with a pair of khaki shorts and a polo, it's not quite so fashionable when Rory does it. And it seems to be her new look these days.
  • Camden recently told me, "you smell like dessert." I think he's referring to my perfume.
  • Earlier this week after bathtime, Rory asked me to rock her. As I looked into her eyes, she whispered sweetly, "mama, you're my best friend" (which is definitely not a phrase I've heard her use before). I said, "Oh, you're so sweet. You're my best friend too." She looked up at me, frowned, and said, "No, not you. Miss Wuby (Ruby) is my best friend."
  • Camden is quite upset that tomorrow is Saturday and he doesn't get to go to school.
  • Rory continues to be upset every day when we drop Camden off for school. Yesterday, she cried. And this was only seconds after they were screaming at each other!
  • Rory had a huge splinter in her finger last night, and the child did not cry one single time as I spent almost 15 minutes trying to dig it out. Not a whimper! Apparently, I have one child with a high pain tolerance and one child with very low pain tolerance (any guesses who that might be?).
  • We are all worn out from this first week of school. It's not a tough schedule (well, except for Brian), but it does take some getting used to. Rory hasn't quite reworked her nap schedule yet; I've been getting up at 5:30 so I can have some quiet time before the kids, and Camden is still adjusting to being busy all day. And Brian's schedule is just insane. Honestly, I have no idea how the man survives. He works so hard, and I appreciate his sacrifices so much.
  • I think our mouse friends are gone. We put out mouse traps and immediately caught 2. We haven't seen any more signs of them in the last week. I've been systematically taking everything out from the cabinets and washing them to make sure all traces are removed. Camden was pretty obsessed with those mouse traps. Unfortunately for him, they were both caught at night and Brian had already disposed of them by morning.
Our weekend plans aren't too exciting. We're going out for supper tonight and tomorrow I don't have plans except continuing to get the house ready for our small group Sunday night. Brian has already warned me he'll be working all day. I'm hoping the kids will have a good time playing and maybe I'll get some scrapping time.


Dani Mogstad: Life in Technicolor (available 8/15 at SSD)

Comments

Amanda said…
The new Dani kits looks fabulous!!! I can't wait to see it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel