The first day

So Camden's first day was good. Even though I had to wake both kids up and felt like I was shoving us all through the motions of getting out the door, we made it in time. When I told him it was time for Rory and I to leave, he hugged Rory tightly and his lips quivered and I almost lost it. I just might have shed a few small tears as I hugged him goodbye but managed to get myself together so that he wouldn't see. Rory seemed to miss him and spent lots of her day asking if it was time to pick him up yet. Here are a few finer moments from the day.
  • We had finished lunch, and Rory was contentedly licking on her sucker. She looked at me, shook her head, and said, "mama, I not really missing Camden right now."
  • I think we had our first little bit of boy/girl awareness from Camden today. I asked him who his favorite new friend was and he had a goofy, embarrassed grin on his face, and he wouldn't tell me. Later on he proceeded to tell me that his teacher was planning to move the desks around, but that he and Renya were going to sit together forever and he had the same goofy grin on his face. It was so funny.
  • When we got to Camden's school to pick him up (I made the mistake of thinking that we were supposed to walk in and get them the first day instead of go through the pick-up line), Rory just threw herself into his arms, and then they held hands the whole way home.
  • At supper tonight we were listening to Camden tell about his day (which, by the way, would have been faster to experience real-time; he remembers every single detail down to how big and what color one girl's hair bow was). When it was Rory's turn to tell about her day, she proceeded to tell Brian that she went to her class, there was a boy named Joshua who only had one orange hair, a girl named Rainbow with pink pigtails and that she colored and learned things. Seriously.
I spent every waking moment yesterday working on consignment sale stuff and I think I'm about finished. I cannot wait to get it all out of our family/computer room. The clutter is driving me insane.

Today is laundry day, and considering how long it's been since I had an actual laundry day, it just might be all that I get done.


He's pretty proud of his lunch box.


I may be guilty of occasionally bribing my kids to show affection for the sake of a good picture,
but this kiss was completely impromptu on Rory's part.




Oh, she was not happy. This was right after we got back into the car. She asked where Camden was.
When I told her that Camden was staying at school, she replied,
"but I don't want Camden to stay at school."

Comments

Amanda said…
Great pictures of Camden and Rory!!
Joy said…
Great photos! So glad Camden had a great day! Just wait until Rory figures out she can go in Camden's room while he's at school..... :)
Sounds like a great first day... for both of them apparently!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel