Grocery Shopping

I've always been a coupon user, but I've also been a Wal-mart shopper, which means that most generic brands are cheaper than using coupons. However, in our crazy economy, prices have gone up, packaging is smaller, our Wal-mart is a little dirty and crazy and so I started trying to shop around. The shopping around quickly came to an end when I realized that dragging a 2 year old and 5 year old around to do it was stressing all of us out. Not to mention that if feels like I have to travel all over the state of Tennessee to actually make it to all the stores with deals. Now that Camden is in school and just Rory and I at home, I've been spending Monday mornings grocery shopping in Nashville and hitting Publix, Target, Kroger, and occasionally Walgreens. If I were really committed to it, then I'd also have to hit CVS and Rite Aid as well as Dollar General. I'm starting to get tired again. I do love that I'm getting good deals, but traveling 40 minutes to grocery shop and then hitting all those stores is still hard even if I do just have Rory with me (and last week I got caught in traffic and it took me almost TWO hours to get to the grocery store). It's about a 4-5 hour adventure every Monday morning. We're headed out again this morning, but it might be the last time for a while. We'll see.

By the way, you can sign up at Faithful Provisions, Southern Saver, and Money Saving Mom if you're interested. They help you match up all the coupons with the store deals, and it's very helpful. The never ending lists are also ovewhelming. Just warning you.

It is crisp and cool out this morning, and I LOVE it! Fall is my favorite season by far, and typically Tennessee doesn't have a great fall - it usually stays warm until October. This summer we've had several periods of cooler weather and it appears that we're going to continue with the trend. Now maybe I can pull out some of those cute fall clothes I've been buying for the kids! :)

Lauren Grier/Shawna Clingerman: Float Away

Credits here

Comments

joelsgirl said…
Have you considered doing your grocery shopping twice a month instead of weekly? That is what I am working towards, though I will still have to pick up vegetables at the market & milk. I forget how easy it is for me to pick up fresh veggies. Forget my advice, lol. Glad you are getting good deals, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel