Gymnastics

Today starts off a busy week. I'm still trying to get used to the extra busyness that having a school-age child brings.

Our weekend was uneventful. We went out for dinner Friday night and had a fabulous waitress, got our pics from Kellie framed at Hobby Lobby. I've been having neck and shoulder problems and Saturday they hurt so bad it was hard to move. Still sore on Sunday and now this morning, but not as bad.

Rory and I are going to her very first gymnastics class tonight. One of the very first things I remember thinking after we got her referral (right after I started planning her wardrobe LOL) was how great it would be for her to take gymnastics class at the local school. As a little girl, I can remember watching the Olympics and those little gymnasts (figure skating would be a close second, by the way) and thinking they were the coolest athletes ever. So while Rory is excited, let's be honest - this whole gymnastics thing is probably more about me than her. I'm living out my childhood fantasies through her. Camden and Rory and I watched the U.S. National Gymnastic Championships Saturday night, and they were both riveted to the T.V. Camden was in awe. He said, "wooooowww, is Rory going to do all that?" Yep, all at her first class! Well, maybe we should start with a somersault although Rory is convinced she's going to be doing "fwips."

Here are a few recent pages.


Traci Reed: Kissable

Dani Mogstad: Picasso

Dani Mogstad: Life in Technicolor

Comments

Joy said…
Melissa - I was thinking dance for Sumner, but actually had someone suggest gymnastics because of her size. Hmmmm.... :)

Hope Rory enjoys her first class! :)
"fwips" - too cute!! These pages rock! (As always... but really... awesome!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel