Crazy Love

I've been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan over the last several weeks, and I find myself making mental notes (on almost every page) wanting to share it on the blog. I've decided, however, that it's too good - I could never share it in the way I want to and I think rewriting the book verbatim would be fairly illegal (LOL) so I'm just recommending you buy it and read it for yourself. And the accompanying website is pretty amazing as well.

I usually save this post about the kids for Friday, but since it's my blog and the whole point of it is for me to remember kid stuff, I'm posting 2 days early. :)
  • Rory has always been pretty imaginative, but the last several weeks she has begun to make up stories. She will not only retell something that happened to Camden, but she'll embellish it and then act as if it happened to her. She also creates long (as in VERY long) stories about things that happen to her baby. Her favorites seem to involve the baby getting in trouble and needing discipline. The other night during our family prayer time I was helping with her prayer, and she would repeat what I said and then add an embellishment. For instance, I said, "help Uncle Micah as he starts med school" and she added "so he not be so tired." When I said, "and help Grandma's tests to be okay" she added "so she not be sick so long." When I said, "thank you for this day" she added "cause I play outside and take nap."
  • I caught Camden "teaching" Rory yesterday afternoon. He had pulled out all his school papers from his folder, and she was sitting in front of him as he taught her how to count. His teacher must do alot of repetition because he would say, "1. Okay, 1, 2. Now 1, 2, 3." And so on. He then moved on to music lessons. It wasn't pretty, but it was joyful.
  • I know I've mentioned this before, but she's still doing it about 600 times a day. "Mommy, you be the baby. I'll be the mommy." (by the way, Camden lets out a dramatic sigh and throws his head down every time she does this - he's pretty tired of the game as well). We moved on to "Mommy, I'll be Dora; you be Boots" a couple of weeks ago. Last week she said, "Mommy, you be Mayme; I'll be Emma" and "Mommy, you be Angel; I'll be Mason." (both kids and mommies from church)
  • Rory's new phrase is, "ummmm, I don't tink so." Unfortunately, it is occasionally in a very smart alecky manner.
  • When I picked up Camden yesterday, I asked him about his day, favorite thing, yada yada. I noticed he was a little cranky and asked what was wrong. Turns out he was quite miffed that Rory had not ooohhed and aahhhed when he got in the car and he thought she didn't miss him.
  • Rory still cries every day when we drop off Camden.
  • Rory constantly changes p.j.'s, shoes, and has added socks to the mix. Her favorite are a pair of clearance knee socks I bought her although some of Brian's socks pulled up to her thighs work too.
  • For a little girl who used to eat more than some adults, Rory is seriously slacking in the food department these days. I'm sure it's all developmentally appropriate, but she is getting so picky and just doesn't eat much. She's especially decided she's not a fan of sweets. She'll pass off her dessert to Camden and he'll hand her his vegetables. I always take a snack for her in the pick-up line at Camden's school to help keep her busy while we wait for him, and the last several days she hasn't eaten it at all, but just hands it to Camden when he gets in the car.
  • Camden informed us yesterday that his favorite part of the day is lunch.
  • Brian has started a new routine this week. He's leaving the house at 5:30 in the hopes of getting alot done before his school kids arrive in the morning and then planning to be home by 4:00. Anything that gets him home earlier in the day sounds good to me! The kids still haven't gotten used to having him gone after the summer. Camden bugs me every single day from the time he gets into the car after school until Brian gets home at 5:00 or so wanting to know every 10 minutes how much longer it will be until his daddy gets home.
For the first time this week I have no plans to leave the house (outside taking Camden to school and church tonight). I'm very happy to have a slow day at home, especially since I'm working tomorrow.

Lauren Grier: Silly Sprout

Comments

I'm laughing hysterically at some of those bullets!
Jaime said…
Your kids are hysterical! Thanks so much for featuring my stuff on your blog, you are so sweet :) Oh, and saw your comment on the apron, if you ever want one for Rory let me know :) I would be more than happy to make her one!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel