INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Makes Me Cry

Has anyone heard this new song by Mandisa and Matthew West? The first time I heard it, I thought "wow." The second time I heard it I knew I wanted to buy the CD, and the next time I heard it I thought it was my favorite Christmas song ever! I found this YouTube video that shows them singing it at a concert if you're interested in watching.



Here are the lyrics for Christmas Makes Me Cry:

I think of loved ones who've passed away
And I pray they're resting in a better place.
I think of memories of years gone by
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry.

I think of soldiers across the sea
And sometimes I wonder why it's them instead of me
That for my freedom they give their lives
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry.

Tears of thankfulness, tears of hope
I cry tears of joy at Christmas because I know
There is peace on earth for every heart to find
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry.

I think of family; I think of home
And say a prayer for those who spend this time alone
Cause love can reach out into a silent night
And that's why Christmas makes me cry.

Tears of thankfulness, tears of hope
I cry tears of joy at Christmas because I know
There is peace on earth for every heart to find
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry.

I think of Mary and a virgin birth
And I'm amazed by how much God thinks we are worth
That He would send His only son to die
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS such a neat song! Thanks for sharing, Melissa.
See you all soon!
Grandma E.

tlccreates said...

I just googled this song title and got your blog posting - and I found another digiscrapper !

Thanks for posting the lyrics. I want to scrap a page of them, maybe multiple pages. I think it would make a nice book even.

Love your LOs