"Wes Baginia"

We took a whirlwind trip to "Wes Baginia" this week (and giggled every time Rory mentioned the state). It was a very busy, but fun trip. Since Brian's family is scattered throughout Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Utah, we don't get to be together all at once very often. The cousins had a seriously fantastic time together. We had a 16 month old, a 2-year old, two 3-year olds, two 6-year olds, an 8 year old and an 11 year old. Not to mention the 14 adults. And we stayed in just two houses so you can imagine the chaos. I just uploaded nearly 400 photos and decided there are just too many to edit and post today so you can expect to see them in upcoming scrapbook pages (or if you're family, I'll be sending you DVD's).

Monday was spent mostly traveling; Tuesday included lots of time catching up on the back porch swings for the adults, water slides for the kids, and a picnic at the park. Wednesday was a shopping trip for the girls, furniture shopping for the boys (my uncle owns an Amish store and they were replenishing the stock), fireworks, and a VERY late night for me since I got to go see Eclipse with our cousin and sister-in-law. Lots of fun! Thursday we woke up to fresh, homemade Amish donuts and a very long drive home.

I may never get all of this week's pictures edited, and my Google Reader has 386 posts to read so I feel like I might never catch up. Did I mention that I averaged about 3 hours of sleep every night we were gone? Here's hoping I'm going to catch up before the weekend is over.


Just a few pics:

These two are just precious together. They played hard from the moment we arrived until the very last second they were together.
Papa Bob and Rory
Finally a smile from Aubri!
Miley and the fountain.
Rory and ruffles on her cute booty :)
Lots of Star Wars battles between Camden and Logan
Yes, an Amish donut the size of someone's head. LOL They rival Krispy Kreme in taste!

And this would be what happens when they slow down for more than 2 seconds:


Straight from Camden's mouth, "After all that funness, it sure is good to be home. . . especially when you need to go to the bathroom!" :)

Comments

Amanda said…
SO glad ya'll had a good trip. I think I would love to have one of those donuts all to myself! It looks delicious and it is definitely the biggest one I have ever seen.
Elizabeth Frick said…
I WANT THAT DONUT!!!!!
And i love Rory in the cowboy hat :)
That sounds like a fabulous time!!! And mmmm.... That donut looks good!
Amy said…
Glad you guys had such a great trip! I could eat one of those donuts right now!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel