Busy Day Ahead

The kids and I spent yesterday morning with Amanda and her kids. Tre was in Camden's kindergarten class, and they became good friends throughout the year. The excitement on their little faces was so stinkin' cute when they saw each other for the first time yesterday. Amanda (who is far superior in photography and scrapping despite what she thinks) and I spent a good 3 hours talking about photography, but didn't take a single picture somehow.

Because we're headed out of town tomorrow morning at 4:00 (yes, 4:00 - and that was a compromise with Brian; he wanted to leave at 3:00!), I have a very busy day ahead. I did all the laundry yesterday, but I've got to pack for 4 people for a 5-day trip as well as get this house spic-and-span. I feel like I've been in a tail-spin ever since we returned from West Virginia so cleaning the house is going to be a bigger job than it should be. I also need to spend some extra time with Rory. Between the birthday stuff the last couple of weeks and the two playdates we've had this week involving Camden's friends, she is definitely feeling a bit left out. Camden has been less than thrilled to play with her after being back among kids his own age.

It's also a fun day for me because I start a new photography class today (Rock Your Camera 201: Beyond the Basics at Clickin' Moms for those of you who are curious) and I'm waiting for two exciting UPS packages - my order from Matilda Jane as well as the 85mm lens I'm renting for our trip!

And . . . . I finally scrapped! They're not masterpieces, but I was glad to take a little time the last two evenings and scrap.

Dani Mogstad: She's Got Game


Lauren Grier: Anything is Possible


Sahlin Studio: Play


Comments

Joy said…
OOH! Can't wait to see pictures with the 85mm! Who did you rent from? Let me know what you think about the class - sounds interesting!

Hope you have a great trip this weekend!
Amanda said…
You are to sweet! I certainly don't feel all those things you said about my photography yesterday but you totally made my day. I had so much fun and we have got to do it again soon, only this time there must be cameras involved. I still can't believe we didn't take the first picture. I hope ya'll have a great trip and I can't wait to see pics from the 85mm. Good luck with your class. I think you are really going to love it.
Krista said…
Busy busy busy! Happy photo taking!
Oooo.... Class?!?!? If it was possible to flunk out of the last one... I did! Sigh. Doesn't mean i don't want to do this one! I love deliveries like these!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel