Weekend with the Grandparents

Grandma and Grandpa arrived (a.k.a. my mom and dad) Thursday evening, and the kids have thoroughly enjoyed having them around. I think I may have worn my mom out in the kitchen with all of our cooking, and I'm certain Camden has worn my dad out with all the playing ball, wrestling, games and reading books.

We made a park trip, wandered around the international grocery store, trip to Lifeway bookstore and Hancock Fabrics, ate lunch and supper out, made homemade blackberry ice cream - all on Friday. Saturday involved an early birthday party for Camden, a complete disaster of a birthday cake, lots of family time, and some fireworks. Sunday we attended church, introduced my parents to Bulgogi, their first Korean meal, made more homemade ice cream (maple pecan this time), and attended a July 4th picnic.

I do not have time to edit and upload the 100's of pics from the weekend (not to mention I'm working on the world's slowest computer), so here are just a few.

At the dragon park
Giggling with Aunt Liz
Taking pictures is such a drag!
An evening baseball game in the front yard.

Comments

Wow!! I'm exhausted just reading that!! Sounds like a ton of fun though!
Elizabeth Frick said…
How did your parents like bulgogi???
I love how deliciously St. Louis-y they are :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel