Stimulating the Economy

This is my favorite time of year! I love shopping all of the end-of-season sales and usually buy clothes for next fall/winter for Camden ( and now Rory). So today, after several days of shopping, I added up all my purchases - both what I paid for them and what the original price was and then averaged them out. I saved 72% on my items! My three most expensive items were a velvet Christmas dress for Rory (originally $68) that I bought for $16.99 from Janie and Jack and a pair of $11.99 jeans from Gap for Camden, and a $14 dress for Rory. Everything else was CHEAP from Gymboree, Gap, Janie and Jack and a few Target items. I bought the following:
  • 18 shirts
  • 9 pairs of shoes
  • 2 dresses
  • 3 hairbows/headbands
  • 3 pairs of leggings
  • 4 pairs of socks
  • 4 pairs of tights
  • 9 pairs of pants
  • 1 skirt
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • 1 sweater
  • 2 pairs of underwear
  • 1 hat
  • 1 swimming suit
  • 1 birthday gift
I averaged $5.23 per item, which is less than Target/Wal-mart prices and I bought them from name-brand stores). I think my kids are mostly ready for next fall and winter. Have I mentioned I love shopping?

Comments

Anonymous said…
What great deals!!
M :-) said…
Wow! That's incredible. I need to go shopping with you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5