Biting

Rory has now bitten Camden three times now. He is actually handling it really well, but I've got to come up with a way to get her to stop. It's a little hard since, you know, she doesn't understand English! She is so jealous of anything that she thinks is hers and really whines (screams actually) when Brian or Camden touches me or her blanket, pillow, toys, etc. Camden has been a good big brother, and he's been very understanding when we've tried to have him back off her a bit, but it's frustrating.

She slept all night again last night, but I did not sleep hardly at all! My normal sleep issues are back, so since I have trouble on a normal night, adding a wiggling 17-month old to the bed isn't helping. I tried introducing her to the crib today. She typically just falls asleep either in my arms or on the floor with her blanket and then is out cold (she's a heavy sleeper), but both times I laid her in the crib she woke up screaming.

We saw Dr. Heil today, and he is referring us to a pediatric dermatologist for Rory's leg. I can't remember if I've mentioned it here or not, but she has a mass on the left upper thigh that looks horrible. It doesn't seem to affect her walking or bother her in any way, but it most definitely needs to be looked into. It has the potential to affect her physical abilities later on. She weighs 19 lbs and 12 oz. and is 30.5 inches long. She is 21st percentile for height, 2nd percentile for weight, and 5th percentile for head circumference. To put it into perspective, Camden weighed 19.3 when he came home at 8 months old so she's definitely a petite thing. She's got a huge appetite, though! She is seriously probably eating more than Camden.

I actually scrapped a page over the last two days. I'm dying to scrap more pictures, but I'm finding my time very limited! Hopefully, we'll get both kids into bed early, and I'll have a chance to work. And, yes, I'll be ignoring laundry to do it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Melissa- I am usually a lurker but thought I might share some info.
I hope that I don't sound ridiculous but I work in the Early Childhood field and I once attended a training where it was advised to make sure that the child is getting enough water/hydration. I don't know if it will help you at all but anything might be worth a shot. Biting is so frustrating!
Also, I know that you are not in a day care setting, but this booklet might be helpful:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_fhs_cdc_biting_51800_7.pdf

Hoping you get some good rest! :)
Helena said…
Do you know "ahn-dey!"? That means "Don't do that!" (Actually it means "that doesn't become," but that's how it's used.) You could try that.
StarWarsFans said…
Okay, I have a Korean student sitting right here next to me and she said to say this next time Rory bites, "K-mull-gi-ma". (I wrote it out phonetically.) Say it with a really hard K at the beginning. This means, "Don't bite!" in Korean. Hope this helps!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel