Snow Day!

Well, if you can believe it, we actually had snow on March 8 in Tennessee! Winters are crazy around here - mostly warm and very little snow so it's funny that a week into March we get 4 inches of snow. Camden and Brian played outside in the snow for several hours this morning, but Rory and I only stayed out for about 15 minutes. It was way too cold and wet for us. Surprisingly enough, Rory didn't even throw a fit when I brought her inside (she typically HATES to come in).

After the doctor's appointment yesterday, things were a little rough around our house. Rory missed her afternoon nap and was C.R.A.N.K.Y. I need to get back in the mindset of making sure we don't miss naps. I have gotten used to having an older child who makes it just fine without naps these days, so this was a good reminder that toddlers don't do well without an afternoon nap! Oh, and I somehow thought that since she missed her nap that when she fell asleep at 6:00 she would be down for good. Turns out I thought wrong. She had a great "nap" from 6:00-9:00 p.m. and then was up until at least midnight. I'm finding that there are lots of things I have forgotten about having a toddler, but I'm sure I'll be back in practice soon.


Comments

Chris said…
WOW Melissa, I can't believe that snow! Well at least you know it won't last! It was below zero here this morning. We're sick to death of winter!
Looks like the kids had fun in it, at least! :D
Korea Adoption said…
Thanks again for all your pictures and update. We were in Tennessee last August(Pigeon Forge Area). Each day it was over 100 degrees.

John (Some Day Father) in Michigan
Anonymous said…
THAT IS SO SWEET OF THE TWO IN THE SNOW! YOU HAD MORE SNOW THAN WE DID.And that snow man has the most pleasant look on his face. Good job Brian and Camden.
Grandma Elledge
Jaime said…
That is too fun! I love the snow :) I hear you on the nap thing, it is seriously so bad when they miss it. Hope things go smoothly for you tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5