Good Friday

We had our annual Good Friday service last night. Everyone commented on how great it was, but I'll be honest and say I couldn't really pay attention. It's hard when you've got a wiggly toddler on your lap who wants nothing more than to sing along, clap, and in general make lots of noise!

Last night was my first chance to dress her up, and it was as much fun as I imagined. However, I did learn there is a delicate balance to the timing. Getting ready too early risks messed up hair and wrinkled clothes. Waiting until the last minute risks cranky kids as you try to rush them out the door.

We took Rory and Camden to the park yesterday afternoon, and they had a blast. It confirmed what we've been thinking. Rory is going to beat Camden up one of these days. She is totally fearless while he is a bit of a baby. You should have seen her heading down the big slides with no fear whatsoever. She was so fearless that she was scaring me a bit! We're going to have to keep our eye on her for sure. Camden has always been one of those kids you didn't worry about - there was no chance he'd run out in the road to play, attempt something too big for him at the playground, etc. Rory we need to watch!

We have not had good nights of sleep since she's been home in general, but the last two have been especially bad. I am really wondering if it has to do with our activities before bedtime. Thursday night we had company and she was very wound up. Last night, we had church and she was surrounded by lots and lots of new people (no one touched or held her), but still it was alot of new things for her to see and experience. She is waking up many times throughout the night and seems very scared - it's been different the last two nights than it's been previously and these are the only two evenings where we've been out and about or have had company near bedtime. I think I need to keep that in mind as we work on a schedule.

I'm going to venture to the grocery store with both kids this afternoon. Brian is swamped with work, and we need a few things (specifically milk!) so I'm going to make the attempt. I seriously have no idea how people do it with more than 2 kids. At least this way, Brian and I are not outnumbered yet.

Here are the only two pictures from last night. Brian was the photographer and not so careful of "background issues" as I would have been. Note the watering can, grill, and water gun to the side of the picture. (Oh, and I've realized I've officially turned into one of those people - you know, the ones who dress their little girls up like dolls and ignore how their boys look. Camden totally needs a haircut and his outfit is a little wrinkled and from last year.)


Comments

Chris said…
OH MY WORD, Melissa she is just GORGEOUS! I can't get over her in that dress!
I agree- this is not a good age for church. "sitting still" just is not Isabel's thing either!
Anonymous said…
They are BOTH adorable! (I don't see any wrinkles!)

I just found your blog after catching up on Becky's blog and following her link to your "gotcha" video. That video was so touching. It reminded me of the partings each of our little ones have had from their earliest caregivers.

~Monica
Jaime said…
LOL! I thought I was the only one!! Violet loves to get all dressed up and Asher couldn't care less, and let's face it, girls are so much more fun to dress! darling photos, WTG Brain Lol! Hope you had a fabulous Easter!
Anonymous said…
I hear that my mother-n-law picked out that dress. I must say, Rory is the cutest little girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)