Just tired

We have had a busy couple of days! Thursday I decided to try to run a few errands in Nashville. It was our first extended trip out and about, and it went well. However, I paid for it when we got home because Rory was just C.R.A.N.K.Y. and very clingy. I'm not sure if it was just too much for her or what. Brian's mom and aunt came to visit, and she was very pleasant with them, and we went on a walk with Mayme, but with those two exceptions, it was a difficult afternoon and evening.

It took 2 hours to get her to sleep last night, and then she was up multiple times between 2:00-5:30 this morning and up for good at 6:30 a.m. That is just not enough sleep! And this was with only a 30 minute nap yesterday too.

We met up with Terra and Avery as well as Gina and Caden. Caden was in the same foster home with Rory as we've discovered after sharing pictures. I will post pictures tomorrow. I am glad that we went to see them, but it may have been too much. Getting out the door this morning was not a fun event! I was determined that she would take a nap this afternoon so after we were home and had eaten lunch,
I laid down with her trying to get her to fall asleep, and 45 minutes later she finally did. She is really fighting sleep, and I'm sure much of her crankiness is due to being so tired. I'm not really sure how to fix that because I'm doing everything I can to help her sleep more.

I think I'm seeing a trend. When the weekend rolls around is when I tend to feel more tired and discouraged. The weekends used to mean a bit of relaxation and less work, but with a new 17-month old at home and now that I'm a stay at home mom, it kinda feels like there is no rest or relaxation to be found anywhere, and to be honest, I'm just worn out. It is difficult to bring home a new baby, and I'm finding it even more difficult to bring home a toddler. I remind myself constantly that it's only been 2 weeks, and I shouldn't expect too much.

Brian and Camden are both on spring break next week so I'm looking forward to having them both home. I feel very disconnected from Camden right now. Rory just takes up all my energy, both physical and emotional, and I feel like there's not much left for him right now. I'm just going to stop now since I'm feeling way too tired and weepy to write more!

Here's a page using a picture from one of the first days home. We spent alot of time like this - on the floor, me with a ponytail and no makeup; Rory with droopy eyes and her head on my shoulder.


And this is how I get a few things done around the house. Rory in the Chunei so that my hands are free. I think I'm actually just checking email here, but I put her on my back and pick up toys, fold laundry, empty the dishwasher, etc.

Comments

M :-) said…
Thinking about you! (((hugs)))
Karen said…
Sam was a bit older when he came home, too, and your descriptions of the adjustment are very familiar. It does get better and you're doing an amazing job. I'm thinking of you!! ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel