Getting Ready

I've spent the last 24 hours getting Camden ready for school. There were solid color shorts to be bought (I'm partial to plaid myself), striped and solid polos with no logo, tennis shoes, and socks, notebooks and folders, crayons, markers, and wet wipes. Well, you get the picture. I even managed to get the cutest white sandals for $1.98 and seriously the cutest pink Mary Janes you've ever seen for $3.24! Gotta love Target!

Camden threw the mother of all fits tonight. It was pretty horrible. Thank goodness we haven't had one of those in quite a while. I thought we were going to miss out on the whole adjustment after a trip now that he's 4 years old, but I guess not. He's still tired, but hopefully after tonight he'll be all caught up.

He's been asking us where he was before he started moving. I think he means before he was born. He doesn't seem to understand that he hasn't always existed. Well, tonight at supper he asked again, and I think we finally figured out that he meant where did he come from. We told him that God made him, and he pushed it a little further so we told him that he grew in another lady's tummy in Korea. He looked at me very seriously and asked, "but why didn't I grow in your tummy?" Now, we've talked about this before, but he's never really asked such a point-blank question, and I immediately teared and choked up. I literally could not force out a breath or a word. Brian had to take it from there, and I'm pretty sure he had a few tears as well. In typical 4-year old fashion, Camden quickly moved on and who knows how much he really absorbed. It's such a big topic and so hard to condense down so he can understand it. Hopefully I won't freeze next time.

I think that's about all that's happened in our lives today! More tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel