4 days later. . .

So, I'm back in the Kansas City airport after 4 days with Micah, Becky, William, and Xavier. It was wonderful to see them and to spend time with Becky especially. It's always good to see the boys and to see how they've grown and just to spend time watching them play and giving them lots of love. They're adorable! They seem to adore Camden (for the most part). Much of the time they spent following him around just giggling at his every move. Camden did pretty well enduring their 18-month old antics of taking his toys and my constantly telling him to be careful around them. Becky and I got to spend quite a bit of time scrapping (she is doing really well!) and I won't even hesitate to admit that we propped the boys up in front of Veggie Tales and the Incredibles in order to get in some good scrapping time. Hey, they loved it and we got alot done!

I think Becky felt pretty good for most of the visit. I mean, not exactly wonderful, but pretty good for her new cancer way of life. I got to sit with her for several hours during her chemo treatment. It wasn't as devastating to see her for the first time in the middle of all the other cancer patients as I had imagined - I think that my mom and sister had prepared me pretty well for that - but I did shed a few tears. I was able to meet one of her main nurses and also her oncologist, and I can understand why she feels so strongly about them. They were pretty incredible and really seem to care about her and acted like they were very happy to meet me.

Most of the rest of the time was spent in the house. It was too hot to let the boys play outside and just not good to get Becky out and about so it was pretty quiet.

Camden spent the first flight from Tulsa to Kansas City this afternoon working with his new Pirate Sticker Book that Becky gave to him, and he LOVES it. I'm not sure I've ever answered so many questions in an hours time, though. He is soooo curious, and I know that's how he learns. I'll admit to being ready to be home and let his daddy answer a few of those questions. He just told me that he sures loves Aunt Becky for getting him the book.

Becky and I had a nice surprise this morning - Kim, a fellow adoptive mother and friend, had arranged for several of our fellow scrapping friends to put together a fun email with lots of scrapping gift cards for Becky just as a way of saying they were thinking about her. Isn't that the absolutely sweetest!!

Just a little Camden funny before I try to tear him away from the pirate book and go find supper - he told me at the Tulsa airport that God and Jesus told him that he should finish my mocha frappucino.

Now, I did mention I scrapped some pages for Becky, didn't I? Here they are:








Comments

Karen said…
I'm so glad Becky got her gift cards!! I hope she has fun with them! I'm glad you had a good trip, too. KC is my hometown. I've spent quite a bit of time in that airport!
Chris said…
the smile on Beck'y face is just incredible. So glad you got to go see her :)
Wendy said…
Melissa,
So happy you had such a great visit with Becky! Love the scrapbook pages......she looks great!!
Hugs,
Wendy

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)