Thursday

So, I'm kinda neglecting the ole blog these days. I can't seem to find the energy to type up what's going on in our busy, but fairly boring life! Work has been pretty crazy this week. Students arrived back on campus, so everything feels like it's in fast forward. For Brian, the reality of being a teacher and a full-time youth pastor is settling in, and it's a pretty busy reality! Camden is discovering that being in K-4 is fun, but a little tough. He comes home from school exhausted! We've had to wake him up every morning this week, and he's going to bed at 7:30 so it's not like we're keeping him up late. Mornings are rushed, evenings are busy, and we're going to bring another baby into this family? Sometimes I wonder what the heck we're doing! I used to blog to keep up with Camden stories. Then I blogged because it was sort of a habit, and a little therapeutic to write down what was in my head. Now I'm blogging because when we get our referral, I want to be able to look back through my archives and find out what was happening on her birthday. When Camden's referral came, I searched high and low through my work calendar, Brian's schedule, anything to find some way to know what was going on in my life on July 15, 2003. Several months later I did find a prescription bottle that brought back not-so-pleasant memories, but at least I know what was happening on the day he was born. Hopefully, because of this blog, it won't be so difficult to know this time around.
I'm planning a little shopping trip tomorrow. Brian and Camden will be off to school. I am headed to the mall to buy a candle (sounds like a little thing, but I love candles and have absolutely nothing "smell good" in the house), to check out Gymboree's sale, look at a few work clothes for me, and then head to the grocery store. I get to be a real soccer mom tonight since Brian has a seminar to attend, and Camden has soccer practice. Brian will be gone again on Saturday so Camden and I are just going to hang out and relax.
I don't think I've mentioned it here, but we need rain so badly! We're in drought conditions. We can't drink our water. It was 104 today. . . again. I'm so ready for fall!
Camden's school papers are taking over our house! He comes home with 6-8 pages EVERY day. I throw most of them away, but some of them we put on the fridge. The rest end up on our kitchen table for days until I throw those away as well. He is currently learning the letters I and U. They have these little chants that they say as they learn them - so cute.
I think I've fulfilled my blog duty for the week, so goodbye for now! Here are a couple of layouts from this week.


Comments

Chris said…
LOVE the bright colors of these last 2 LO's Melissa.
Also, I'm going to email you some rain tonight because it's been raining here for a week! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel