Monday Night Football

For someone who has never attended a major sporting event, in 2012 I can mark not only a MLB game but now an NFL game off the list. And not just NFL, but Monday Night Football!

One of Brian's former students (who has a grandpa with connections) gave him 2 tickets to last night's game against the Jets. We had thunderstorms all day and until the last minute it was a toss-up as to whether I was going to be Brian's game partner, but the rain moved out and even though we froze our little tails off, it was a ton of fun. And, surprise, surprise, the Titans even managed to pull out a win! Believe me, they had alot of help from Mark Sanchez.

IMG_0650

IMG_0649

Of course, biggest news of the night was that I actually laid eyes on Tim Tebow. Oh, yes, I'm a total Tebow fan. And we may have been in Tennessee, but the crowd had a whole new energy when the Tebow man stepped onto the field for the few plays he participated in.

And if you're into this kind of thing, Avery and Deacon (I have no idea what their real names are) (from the ABC show Nashville) performed in the pre-game show. Avery totally knocked Deacon out of the water, by the way, which was surprising to me based on their show characters!

The kids spent the night at Gram and Gramp's house last night (because we didn't get home from the game until after 11:30), so I got to sleep in until a glorious 7:30 this morning. I've spent the remainder of my morning baking what feels like 2,000 cookies to send home with all of Brian's 4th graders tomorrow.

That 2,000 number might be a slight exaggeration but between all of the cooking and baking I've done for other people and events in the last week (and still plan to do), I have done absolutely no baking for our family Christmas. Turns out, that's no big deal, because between Becky and my mom, they are bringing no less than 11 different kinds of cookies.

And that, my friends, is no exaggeration.

Comments

Renee T. said…
Love the pic of you and Brian at the game :)
I need someone to come bake for me. I am TOTALLY behind the eight ball here! That's a cute photo of you and Brian too!

And... I am into celeb sightings. So thank you for that! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel