Activity Scene

Oh, for them to stay this little and naive forever. Rory and her "Activity Scene."
a.k.a. Nativity Scene

DSC_8665

If you've hung out with me here for very long then you know how important family and family holidays are to us. Last year we were all set to travel to Oklahoma to be with Becky, Micah, William, Xavier, my parents and brother (who were traveling from Illinois). Unfortunately, I ended up in the ER with strict instructions to not go anywhere. If you're in love with your family like I am, then you'll understand how devastating it was to not spend the holidays together.

This year, Becky and her family (along with my parents and brother) are supposed to be traveling to Tennessee tomorrow. For the last several days, the vague thought about what catastrophe might happen this year to keep us apart has danced around in my head. And while it's not a catastrophe, Becky has a very sick boy that might keep them home for Christmas. Anyone want to join me in a quick prayer that his fever will go away and we'll get to be together for Christmas?

Because it feels like a catastrophe to not spend Christmas with my family 2 years in a row.

Comments

VinGirl said…
I'm sending you all my best thoughts for health and wellness, and a very Merry Christmas with all of your family there to celebrate. ❤
Vicky said…
Oh my goodness- YES! How I wish you all get to be together for Christmas! Praying for the fever to break and for travels to be safe! Merry Christmas!
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel. Three years ago the roads were too bad for us to go five minutes from the house Christmas Eve/Day let alone the forty-five minutes to my Mom's house. I was depressed and pissed all day. I couldn't bear the thought of not seeing her.
Noooo!!! I've got everything crossed that the fever breaks!!!
Renee T. said…
Sending a prayer and lots of good thoughts your way :)
Sending prayers!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel