Round 6

Today I see Dr. W and start round 6 of my current chemo regimen. Brian and I both have found ourselves with an amped up anxiety level as this day has approached. I'll know more after I see Dr. W today, but I'm assuming I'll be having a CT scan after this round to see if this particular chemo has had any effect on my cancer. 

Not that the past 6 months have necessarily been easy, but they've been manageable with mostly good news from my monthly bloodwork. It's been relatively easy to settle into a routine and to push to the far regions of my mind the reality of cancer, scans, the future. Facing a scan and the possibility of new chemo has resulted in many sleepless nights recently.

I'm hoping to avoid a scan the week of Christmas. I know some people would just want to know the results, but in keeping with my frame of mind since being diagnosed with cancer, I just want to procrastinate and know as little as possible. I would really like to postpone the scan until after Christmas and all the festivities, but we'll see what Dr. W says.

This verse caught my eye yesterday morning, and I've been repeating it ever since. "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


Comments

Mayme said…
I am thinking of and praying for you guys today.
Vicki Bridges said…
Will be praying for comfort and strength, great scripture too
Amy said…
Praying for peace for you and Brian today.
VinGirl said…
I hope your appointment goes well, I'll be thinking of you.
Owlhaven said…
Praying good stuff for you and your family

Love,
Mary
Renee T. said…
Lots of good thoughts being sent your way today :)
Vicky said…
I'm just going to pray that along with you... such a great verse. I like to live in a tad bit of denial too- so I hope you will get to just have a great Christmas and leave the scan till after the New Year.
My prayer is that if you do get a scan before Christmas, it will reveal reasons for celebration! (((hug)))
Praying for peace and good news and doctors that allow delays when possible!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel