Christmas Family Photo 2012

My family always moans and groans a bit when I say we have to take a group photo, but I know one day we'll look back and be glad we did. This year we decided to take advantage of a corn pudding that refused to finish baking and took our picture while we waited. (My usual habit is to wait until we're ready to eat and then drive everyone nuts while I snap a shot.) Every time we set up a family photo, I always laugh at the test shots and think that I should totally do a "build a family photo" post, but never do.

Well, this is your lucky day. ;)

Oh, yes, Addison's getting a spit bath.
DSC_8812

Gathering the troops.
DSC_8813

Oh, we definitely need to close that garage door.
DSC_8814

Getting "the look" from Micah.
DSC_8818

The kids are smiling much too early. You know those smiles won't be around for the real picture.
DSC_8820

Now my husband is getting in on "the look."
DSC_8822

Next up? "The look" from Michael.
DSC_8823

Now my brother is joining in on "the look."
DSC_8824

Notice how everyone except Becky has decided to give me "the look." Seriously, people. It's one picture!
DSC_8826

Ta-dah! Let's just ignore the fact that I almost cut my dad out of the picture and that the front row of kids are not even in focus. Christmas is documented.
DSC_8830



Comments

Bahahaha! Thanks for the documentation of "The Photo"! I laughed out loud and tried to explain to my husband how funny it was. He didn't get it! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Amanda said…
Love it! I should do this with all the pictures we have to get before we can even open presents at my dads.
This is hysterical... and so true! I love that you posted it for the world to see too. :-)
Cheryl said…
Thanks for the laugh! You have such a wonderful family! And Addison is so stinking cute, she needs to be on a magazine cover!
Amy said…
Ha!! I love "the looks." I get those same ones when it's time for picture taking at our house!
Vicky said…
Ha! That is a keeper for sure! I am sorting through Christmas photos of years past and giggling away at all of the "almosts" that made the cut and became "good enough..." Happy New Year to you!
Anonymous said…
HA! Loved this idea!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel