Where Has This Week Gone?

Oh, the time is just flying by these days. So much Christmas stuff to get done mixed in with all the daily duties. I'm realizing that my big list of things to do before Christmas has now turned into the big list of things to do NEXT WEEK.

December is one of those months that I want time to just soak up all the holiday fun, make lots of memories, but I find myself just running in place trying to keep up. I had lots of fun plans in my head for the kids, but just not sure they're not going to happen. Good news is I KNOW what they will remember the most is having everyone here together the week of Christmas. And that's the most important memory of all.

So I've mentioned the whole sleep thing like a bajillion times over the course of the last several years. For the first time ever it seems to be affecting my driving. As in, I've fallen asleep two times at the wheel this week. Talk about scary! Not sure what we're going to do, but I have a feeling it needs to be mentioned to Dr. W because not only have I fallen asleep, but I have seriously struggled to stay awake and find myself having difficulty focusing on the road. Between getting the kids to and from school plus all my appointments in Nashville, I spend alot of time driving 75 mph on the interstate. Not being able to focus is not a good thing.

I had a B1G1 free coupon that was expiring for Pei Wei so since I was in town for chemo, I made an extra trip over to that area and brought home take-out for a little impromptu date night with Brian. I surprised him when he got home (he's had to work late 3 nights this week for parent/teacher conferences). The kids had strict instructions to watch a little Netflix and then tuck themselves into bed. Brian and I ate takeout and watched the latest Survivor episode. I'm loving Lisa Welchel this year, but not sure she's going to win.

(iphone pics)

IMG_0614

IMG_0631

Comments

Tell your doctor! I used to fall asleep at the wheel. After two sleep studies I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. I've been using a C-Pap machine for several years now. It changed my life.

I agree wholeheartedly about the speed that December seems to gather as the weeks pass. I love this time of year and it just goes too quickly.
the sleep stuff is scary!!!!

and I am really enjoying Lisa Whelchel on Survivor too!
Amy said…
Love that you surprised B with a date night. I'm sure it was just what he needed! That sleep stuff is scary business! Hope you can get some good rest this weekend!
Sleep stuff is really scary! Tell your doctor! Please! And... Where IS the time going?! GAUGH.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel