Christmas Eve

So I spent yesterday afternoon pouting on the couch and texting back and forth with Becky while Brian worked away like a little beaver and the kids screamed like banshees upstairs (in a good way). Rory had several bouts of crying because "it won't be Christmas if only half of us are here!"

By the end of the day, I'd pulled myself together enough to put on a good face for the kids. I played Christmas music very loudly, made a batch of oreo truffles (using Trader Joe Candy Cane Joe-Joe's), texted Becky that I did not have the will power to clean the house today if they weren't going to be here. We let the kids stay up late, wrapped the final presents, and settled in to watch a movie. I promptly fell asleep on the couch (which never happens) and woke up 10 hours later. (Something else that never happens.)

This morning as we all relaxed on the couch enjoying a quiet morning, my phone twirped letting me know I had a message, and we all let out an audible sigh because we knew it would be Becky letting us know they weren't coming. Instead it said, "I guess you need to clean your house." There were lots of happy screams of joy, and now we're scurrying around finishing up all the last minute things to get ready for a house full of company.

I hope your Christmas Eve is full of joy and fun (but not last-minute house cleaning). ;)

Candy cane shaped pizza for supper Thursday night. Side note: Did you know Trader Joe's has preservative-free, natural pizza dough balls for $1.19?
IMG_0748

Candlelight dinner on Friday - the longest night of the year and first day of winter.
IMG_0770

My new Christmas wreath from World Market. Brian was like my personal shopper as I sent him links and he sent me pics back and forth.
IMG_0776

Rory worked long and hard on this quite complicated little Korean origami paper doll. And the instructions were in Korean so she had to follow the visual directions. She did a fantastic job.
IMG_0781

Second trip to Goodwill within 24 hours.
IMG_0783

We always take the kids to see a movie or a trip to the Children's Theater the first weekend of Christmas break. This was a super-cute movie and so funny because it was all about believing in Santa, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy (more on this in a minute).
IMG_0794

The Tooth Fairy finally remembered to make an appearance. It only took 3 nights and digging through the trash piece by piece after a certain Mama accidentally threw the tooth away. ;)
IMG_0803

An afternoon cup of coffee with Santa yesterday. (and I still somehow managed to sleep all night long - it's like a Christmas miracle)
IMG_0811

I came upstairs last night, and this is what the bonus room looked like. Brian decided Sunday night was a good time to start unpacking more boxes. More power to him.
IMG_0820

And, finally, oreo truffles made with Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. Sounds like a winner, right?
IMG_0823


Comments

Amy said…
Even though I hadn't had a chance to comment on your last post, I had been praying Becky would be able to come. So glad they are on their way!! Enjoy your time together!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel