Tuesday's Tidbits

Camden and Rory were a part of the Christmas program at school last week, and Rory keeps telling us how excited she was to sing in a conference (a.k.a. concert).

I know the whole Elf on a Shelf thing is super popular, but I feel as if he's taken over Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, blogs, etc. Sooooo over him. Ducking and running now. (although my friend Melissa L. has the best ideas I've seen)

My Starbucks habit has had a revolutionary change. Did you know you can ask for just half the syrup (pumps of peppermint/caramel, etc.)? Oh. My. Stars. Not only does it save you a whole lot of calories, it tastes so much better to me. A regular one starts to get too sweet after the first couple of drinks.

After literally sleeping the weekend away (seriously, it was like my body was catching up on all the sleep I'd lost over the last couple of weeks), I've now slept a grand total of about 6 hours in the last 48 hours. So. Tired.

I know you're going to feel as if you're reading the wrong blog when I type this next sentence, but you're in the right place. Get ready . . . . . I bought fabric last night to make my own pillows and even a little quilt.

I'm off to meet my friends Tina and Kathy for lunch at The Silly Goose. Coincidentally (wink, wink) it is right next to Jeni's so you know we're going to have to make a little detour. I feel as if it's my duty to introduce them to the best ice cream on earth.

And a Christmas page from last year. Credits here.
120711_cocoa


Comments

Melissa said…
You made me laugh! I love the little disclaimer about me and my elf. ;-) To be honest, I'm over the hype, and how everyone and their neighbor has an elf. We started our tradition a few years back, and I have so much fun with it, but I feel like with the hype and popularity, it has taken on a life of its own. It's annoying! I will continue on with our tradition, because I love seeing the excitement in the kids eyes every morning. :)

Have fun today!
Joy said…
I have to agree with you about the elf - in several ways. We have an elf, but he only hides in different places every night after reporting back to Santa. He doesn't get into mischief or make messes - he's here to make sure the kids behave, so he has to behave too. He will occasionally leave a small gift if he catches the kids being extra good. : )

But I also agree Melissa L. has the most creative elf ever!!! I want to go look for him in the mornings!!

Hope you have a good day and can catch up on some sleep soon!
Shelly said…
Couldn't agree with you more about Elf on a Shelf!!! LOL!! And I discovered that Starbucks will add only HALF a shot of coffee, and I LOVE it! :) The sweeter the better!
Terra said…
It's like you're reading my mind! I've been reading your entire post and I just keep nodding my head at everything. Half-sweet anything from Starbucks is like a little piece of heaven! Current fave is half-sweet caramel latte. MMMMmmmm...
Amy said…
I am so with you on the Elf. We don't even have one and yet he's getting on my nerves! Enjoy every second of your girls lunch!!
I'm so over the elf too! And so is Spencer. He's become very adept at creating naughtiness away from the elf's eyes. Gaugh! (But I love what Melissa L does too. I do not have the stamina!)

And, hello... I had no idea that you could get half the syrup either! That is SO exciting for me!
We don't have an elf....
I soo wanna buy fabric to make curtains!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel