Field trip, naps, scrapping, etc.

Rory's field trip yesterday was a success, although documenting that field trip via pictures? Not so much. I have about 100 pictures of the back of kid's heads as they run frantically toward the next activity. Oh, and they all seem to have a lovely green tint to them thanks to the green field trip shirts they're all wearing. Lovely.

And apparently, I was completely wrong about Rory being happy to have me on the field trip because the very first thing she said to me as we sat down in the school bus was, "When can I ride on the bus all by myself?" And the first thing she said to me as we got in the car to leave was, "Can I go on the next field trip all by myself?" Clearly, I am a downer.

Just one example of my stellar photography skills.
DSC_7090

We came home from the field trip (Camden was still at school), and I laid down on the couch to watch a little TV. An hour later, I opened my eyes from an impromptu nap and saw Rory in her p.j.'s asleep as well.
DSC_7102

In case there is ever any doubt about teachers earning their pitiful salary, Brian has not been home one single night this week. In fact, last night was the second night in one week that he's worked at school until 11ish and then was gone again by 5:30 the next morning. I think most people have no idea how hard teachers work; all they can see is that teachers have 8-9 weeks off in the summer. I'm here to tell you that my husband works hard, and your kid is lucky if he's their teacher.

My kids are both off school (yet again) today and Monday (as well as next Friday). This would be about 4 weeks in a row without a solid week of school. Brian left strict instructions with the kids to let me sleep in, and I happily took him up on it and didn't get out of bed until 8:03. I was also able to enjoy a lovely cup of hot coffee in peace before the kiddos started up with wrestling and sword fighting in close proximity to  my desk. I cannot wait until I can send them upstairs to do this. Did I mention the new house has an upstairs that houses not only their bedrooms but the bonus playroom? It will be glorious.

I have set a goal for myself to clean this house from top to bottom today in the hopes that we can keep it mostly clean until we move. It's a glamorous life, people.

And, finally, the Lilypad has some AMAZING new scrapping goodies today that I hope to play with sometime this weekend. I did sit down last night and within half an hour had scrapped these two pages. It is absolutely a record for me.

110811_boo to you

110811_late nights

Oh, and one final scrapping note. Persnickety Prints is having a rare sale so if you've got layouts waiting to be printed, now is the time to do it! I've actually stayed on top of my printing this year and have printed once a month, but I'm going to send in a little order anyway.


Comments

Joy said…
I feel your pain on the field trip photos. Funny how the kids don't care about good lighting. : )

If you figure out how to keep the kids and the toys upstairs, let me know. The kids have the whole upstairs to themselves, but somehow all the toys end up downstairs in the living room. ; )

YES, YES - teachers are NOT paid enough for all the time and effort they put into it!!! Totally agree and I know Brian is an awesome teacher!

Can't wait to hear you are packing up and getting ready to move into your new home - so exciting!!!
Vicky said…
I actually miss the field trips- I went as often as possible- sigh- and then that fateful day when the kids stop wanting you to come even to school at all... Hope you get some rest and round the corner soon!
teachers do work hard! I am in awe of the time and care my kids' teachers put in. Give Brian a hug for me!
Oh man... I feel your pain about the back of kids heads. GAUGH! And teachers work very VERY hard! Way to Rock it Brian!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel