Field Trip Day

Today is Rory's first field trip, and she. could. not. be. more. excited. Typically, I would have chemo today, but the stars aligned and my doctor was out of the office so chemo was moved to yesterday. My platelets are super low, but still *just* high enough for chemo.

Now, on my best day, I'm not necessarily that special mother who can't wait to ride a school bus with 25 screaming kindergartners. On the day after chemo, I'm about as far from that special mother as possible. But I just couldn't miss her first field trip. And the good news is that she is thrilled to have me with her. Camden typically prefers to be on his own because it means more friend time. ;) But my girlie will love having me by her side, and I'm looking forward to seeing her in a school setting.

Oh, and to see all these cute little people she spends every day with and talks about constantly.

She would like you to know these are all her own poses. ;)
DSC_6926

DSC_6927

DSC_6935

DSC_6937

DSC_6939

Excuse the missing hand.
DSC_6946

And the missing feet.
DSC_6947

Our house closing for this week got pushed back to Tuesday/Wednesday next week and we're super bummed to not have the weekend to get some painting done, but hopefully we'll get all the packing done instead and then be able to paint Thursday/Friday and move Saturday. My mom is flying in on Sunday (hurray!) to spend a couple of weeks with us, and I am very much looking forward to both the company and the help.

I snuck over to the house yesterday morning and took a picture. Want a peek? Yes, I realize it looks like every other subdivision house, but I think it's adorable and it's going to be all ours, ours, ours.
IMG_0249



Comments

Wow! It always took every ounce of strength I had to go on field trips; the idea you went post chemo is amazing! Your house is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures of the inside.
Norman said…
Excited for you!!!
Monica said…
You have a bay window, how awesome! And a nice porch, too. Not too big and not too small. And tell Rory that her poses are awesome. :)
Mayme said…
We have our first field trip next week but the lucky thing is that the parents have to drive....yay me:) Love the house and hope you are feeling good.
I love Rory's choice of poses! And I love that you are doing the field trip. You deserve a trophy!

And... I. LOVE. THE. HOUSE!!!
Renee T. said…
I love the house :)
Karen said…
A field trip one day post-chemo? I bow to you!! Good job, Mommy! That house is super.adorable. So excited for you!
The house is ADORABLE! And you, my friend, are a hero for going on that field trip. A hero, I tell you!!
Amy said…
You deserve an award for going on the field trip. I absolutely dreaded those days as a teacher. Hope you and Rory had fun together! I LOVE your house! Now I can't wait to see some inside pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel