"He never changes or casts a shifting shadow."

Someone whose cancer journey I follow received bad news yesterday, and it immediately sent me into a tailspin. A tailspin not helped by the fact that my throat is on fire and I received approximately 3 hours of sleep last night thanks to a coughing Rory and needing to be on my best mama duty. Unfortunately, today is a chemo day which means in addition to this sore throat and cold, I'm going to be feeling gross within the next couple of hours.  I haven't felt this anxious or scared in several months. And while this is completely not logical, all the good news we've had recently makes me feel as if we're on the verge of bad news. I've said recently (in fact I said it to Brian minutes before learning of my friend's news) that it feels as if I'm one blood test result away from disaster.

Here's the thing I can count on: this verse I read this morning. "Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." James 1:17

DSC_6791
f2, 1/125 SS, 1,000 ISO

Comments

Amy said…
Poor girl. Hope she's better today. Your fears and worries are completely understandable. I am praying that His peace will cover your heart and mind.
Oh Melissa. I'm sorry you have to constantly be burdened with these worries. I wish I could take them from you ... even for a day. Praying you find peace and equilibrium.
Praying for peace for you and your loved ones.
Mayme said…
You guys are in my prayers. And that might be the most sad little picture ever. Poor baby.
GooGooEyes2 said…
"A sorrow shared is cut in half...blessing shared is doubled".
May both be true for you today.
God hears, and knows...and whispers in hte midst of the storm,
"It is I! Be not afraid! Peace, My child...I am here, you're not alone."

Did you know that
Our Heavenly Father loves us
As if we were His only child!
Consider: Ml 3:16-18; Ps 139…
Mt 10:28-33

This thought blessed me just moments ago...now, I hope it will bless and keep you through the day.
Krista said…
that's a lovely verse - something to hold onto. hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel