Thousand Gifts October 8

Thank you for all of the well wishes on our new house. My brain is overflowing with decorating ideas, paint colors, furniture, etc. I have this idea in my head of a pale, neutral gray paint with all the color coming from pillows, pictures, etc. Who knew finding the perfect shade of gray was going to be so difficult! I've bought 3 Benjamin Moore paint samples so far, and I'm not convinced any of them are the right shade: Revere Pewter, Intense White, Stonington Gray. Suggestions?

And, yes, I've heard all about how boring gray paint is. :)

We had a pretty quiet weekend. Because this was my chemo/Neulasta weekend, I spent most of it in bed or on the couch with my best friend DVR. 

Brian was out of school Friday and today; the kids are out today and tomorrow so our schedule is out the door. Today is a beautiful fall day, complete with cooler weather that reminds me of home. Brian and I have been snuggled up on the couch with blankets each working on our own things while the kids play in a fort in their bedroom. I'm hoping later on that I'll feel well enough to take a family trip to the park. I feel like it takes so much energy to deal with chemo and Brian's two jobs that we have slacked off on spending quality time with the kids. Little things like park trips, family game night, etc. seem to have gone missing from our lives over the last year and a half, and I hate it. 

 I snuck in a photoshoot Friday night; third year in a row with this family, and I just love the mama. She is a girl after my own heart - passionate about family pictures. She is always so prepared and intense and determined. Love it. She's also an adoptive mama. This little guy just made his way home from Russia 4 weeks ago, and he was super sweet.
01

And my thousand gifts for this week:
a quiet Sunday afternoon at Gramp and Gramp's house
celebrating Rory's birthday
lunch with friends
kisses on the forehead from Camden
first pigtails of the season
pretty fall scrapbooking kits
when Addison's eyes light up as I walk into the room
a great realtor
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16 
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7
a new house
cute after-school pictures
answered prayers
early morning phone calls from Becky 

Comments

Joan B said…
Hi Melissa, we are purchasing a new house and chose BM Stonington Gray for the main areas of the house, but will put some pops of color in some rooms (like the red powder room we are planning...). The house isn't built yet so we haven't tried it out. In the meantime i saw on Consumer's Report that Behr paint is rated even higher than Benjamin Moore and costs about 1/2 so that is what we are going with. We will just match the color. They only sell it at HOme depot and I do not know if there is one in your area. But if so, worth considering. Good luck!
Beth said…
Have you heard of Young House Love? I am slightly ( okay, extremely) obsessed with their website. They used Moonshine fom Benjamin Moore which I really like and plan to use it next time we repaint our kitchen. http://www.younghouselove.com/about-2/our-paint-colors/
Wendy said…
Try using two shades of the gray and do a two-tone effect of some sort to give it more depth. I used a feather duster with a paint/glaze mixture in my dining room years ago and get lots of compliments on it. I don't know what's "in" now, but I'm sure you will find something that works for you!
Amy said…
Finding the perfect shade of grey is extremely difficult! I tried so hard to find one for our bathroom and kind of missed the mark on what I was going for but it has grown on me. It turned out more blue than I wanted. That's the thing with grey. It can take on different hues according to the lighting. Have you checked out http://www.favoritepaintcolorsblog.com/? It allows you to search by the paint color to see different rooms in that color. There are a lot of BM paints on there. Also,try looking up the paint color on google images to see some pictures. I don't think grey paint is boring at all. It's become one of my favorites because you can do so much with it! Have fun with your decorating!!
Well you know I'm all for the GRAY paint!!! :-) I'll send you a couple of links via email...

But first, I have to go look at that adorable photo again! Such cuties!
anonymous said…
i want to do gray too! i have a pinterest board w/ some ideas here: http://pinterest.com/missrubikscube/paint-colors/ ... i think a lot depends on the light in the room, etc ... but revere pewter is the one i've pinned the most LOL ...
We just painted our family room and kitchen and stairs Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams . . . looks super light in the can but is the perfect, neutral gray on the wall. You'll love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel