Surprise!

I've been absent from the computer world for the last 3 days for a very good reason. Becky surprised me by showing up at Wicked Friday night! Her birthday was yesterday, and my birthday is Saturday so we've been very busy celebrating.

380567_2603151442181_1356705053_2975651_933813139_n

And a little video. Yes, I was crying even though that is (thankfully) not too evident.

Four years ago Becky had just finished up chemo, and I flew to Tulsa to surprise her for her birthday so this is a little surreal. We've scrapped, shopped until we dropped, had make-overs in honor of her birthday and my new eyelashes and eyebrows, had photo shoots (both for clients and for our own family), been to the movies, baked a birthday cake, and much more.

Today we're headed to the hospital for chemo so the rest of her visit will probably be less eventful. Maybe I'll even have a chance to look at the hundreds of pictures waiting to be viewed and shared.

I'll be back sometime this week with a play by play of the weekend; probably more details than you care to know, but for now here is one of the pages I scrapped with Becky as we celebrated Digital Scrapbooking Day.

091610_ride-web

Comments

There is nothing better than sister time and it is even sweeter when it's unexpected. More than once I have been surprised by a visit from one of my sisters. I know how exciting it is to look over and see their beautiful faces. What a blessing. So glad you are having this wonderful time together.
Amanda said…
What a great surprise!! Sounds like you 2 have had a great time so far. Can't wait to hear about more.
What a sweet, sweet surprise!! So glad you have had a great birthday weekend!
Tia said…
I LOVE SISTERS! So I know the feeling, thanks for sharing your sweet moment with us...and happy birthday to the both of you! :)
YAY!!!! What a fun, sweet, special surprise!!! It sounds like a wonderful time!
Linda Balthrop said…
I guess I really and I mean really take for granted having my sister live like 4 miles down the road. Can't imagine not seeing her almost everyday. I mean we have been together since like birth. LOL! The video made my eyes a little misty. So glad she got to fly in for a visit.
Vicky said…
Sweet tears of sheer joy to witness that! Happy Birthday to both of you! Praying for your time together to be especially tender and joyful. Enjoy- savor and relish your moments, we'll be waiting for you when you come back to share :)
Anonymous said…
What an amazing surprise, she pulled it off beautifully!!!
thehsmomof3 said…
Sweet sister days! So happy for you both!
Kathy Reger said…
You are so fortunate to not only have sisters but to share that special bond with each of them! What an awesome surprise for you! I bet you enjoyed every minute together:)
Shelly said…
So glad you got to spend that time with your sis! THere's nothing like a sister relationship! What a blessing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5