The Girl With the Pink Hair

Aunt Becky brought some cool pink hair spray to Rory when she visited last week, and I think she is kinda rocking the pink hair, just like she rocked the purple feather. Ironically enough, she asks Mrs. Jennifer for pink hair every. single. time. she gets a haircut.

111311_1

Because I'm sure you're all waited with bated breath on an update on me, I had a rough chemo day yesterday, but am feeling better today. Surprising, since I've been up since 2:00. In the morning. And I didn't go to bed until after 10:30 last night. I'm pretty sure there is lots of coffee in my future for today. I'm not bothered too much by it because after talking to the chemo nurse and working with my CT scan schedule as well as planning to be out of town the week after Christmas, I am not going back for chemo until December 13. That's like four weeks, friends! 

I am on pain meds because I'm apparently in the 10% of people who experience severe muscle pain from this kind of chemo treatment, which means no driving for me so Rory and I are going to camp out in our pajamas and enjoy the cold, dreary weather (after temps in the 80's the last 2 days). She has new Fancy Nancy books from the library that need to be read, and I have lots of new scrapping supplies, a photo shoot to edit and get in the mail, as well as a Christmas card to design (seriously my least favorite thing to do every year because I stress myself out over it). Not to mention I'm still running a good week (or 10 days) behind in my photography class so there's definitely plenty to do. I'd also like to redo the blog decor since it's a year old, but not sure that's going to happen in 2011. And did I mention the house and laundry which are collapsing around me? I've decided the house and laundry are at the bottom of the list, but breaking out the treadmill is at the top of the list since I've taken a good 7 (or 10) day break from it.

Happy Wednesday!


Comments

Joy said…
Ooooh Rory! LOVE the pink hair!! : )

Sorry you are having such a rough time with your last chemo. Wish I was closer to help out. Hooray for four weeks off though! Hope you get some rest and relief today. Have fun having out at home - save all your energy for fun holiday visits! : )
Vicky said…
Aunt Becky rocks! And Rory sure rocks whatever fashionable hair accessory is out there :)

Ohhh, the aches. I have what I think are mild ones when I hear about others... advil takes care of most of it and it only lasts a day or two. I hope the pain meds will help take the edge off at least and not make you too sleepy!

This is YOUR time, you should spend it in a way that makes you happy... the house can be propped back up again if need be :)
Sorry you're not feeling well today. So exciting that you get almost a month off from chemo!!! Have a nice, relaxing day at home.
Renee T. said…
I'm hoping you feel better as the day goes on. Keeping you in my thoughts today :)
Oh- and the pink hair is fantastic!
Rory definitely rocks it!

Renee
Mayme said…
Sorry you are having a hard day!

I heard about Rory's hair from mother. Love it!
Annie B. said…
I am sorry you had a rough day yesterday and night last night:( I LOVE the pink hair on Rory. Does she have a boo boo on her forhead? Thinking of you and praying. Colin is sending up BIG prayers for you! He never forgets to keep you front and center in his nightly prayers.
Krista said…
Pink really works on Rory! This Aunt Becky sounds pretty cool!
LOVE the pink hair on Rory! I'm super late to this so I'll just say I hope you are better now than you were then... Hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5