Tuesday's Tidbits

After hearing Jennifer Hudson sing Happy Birthday for an American Cancer Society commercial, Rory said, "Wow. I can sing way better than that."

I saw Michael J. Fox in an interview Friday, and he said something to the effect of "don't live where your diagnosis is going to take you; live where you are right now." It really struck a chord with me, and I am making an extra effort to live by those words.

"Now that's something you don't see every day." from Camden after seeing a little pot hole in the parking lot. I guess the parking lots are alot better maintained in his universe.

Wondering where my Project 365 posts have gone? Yeah, me too. I'm hopelessly behind.

This last round of chemo/Neulasta has been hands down the easiest that I've had. Makes no sense, but it's true. I barely had to pull out the pain meds, and the nausea has been very manageable. I go back today for the final treatment in Round 3.

The kids are currently in one of those stages where they play for hours on end together laughing and giggling hysterically. It started Thursday night and is still going strong. I'm sure I've completely jinxed it by saying it publicly.

Saturday was my birthday, and while we didn't do alot of celebrating on the actual day (the days Becky were here we spent the entire time celebrating LOL), we did manage to eat at Olive Garden and then make a stop at the local bookstore. I also had Brian snap a few pictures. Notice that Rory is pulling my earring off and my face isn't even reacting. :)
111511_1

And poor Camden got stuck with trying to take a picture that I would be satisfied with of me and Brian. I finally gave up and went with this one.
111511_2

For Veterans Day, Camden's class had a little parade at school. When he came home, he ran back to his room, closed the door, and a few minutes later came out marching, waving the flag, and singing the song. He was so cute (and so proud of himself).
111511_3



Comments

Amy said…
So glad to hear how well you've been feeling this time! I'm praying it continues! Love the pictures!! :)
Vicky said…
Totally love the Michael J Fox quote, I am going to write in down to remember too- really good. You look radiant my friend, even amongst all the heavy, you have found some inner light and it is shining through. I wish you many more days filled with tidbits to savor and cherish!
Kathy Reger said…
Okay, Rory's comment regarding Jennifer Hudson truly made me laugh right out loud! I am still chuckling about it:)

Glad to hear that this chemo regimen hasn't been too hard on you. I'm sure you can use the break! Keep that Michael J. Fox quote close to your heart. I love it!
Joy said…
I've always loved Michael J. Fox - what a great quote. Honestly, none of us know what the future holds, so live every day to the fullest, ya know?

Glad you had a good birthday! Camden is becoming a good photographer! And *OUCH* on puling the earring - it made me flinch! LOL
Karen said…
I'm so glad to hear this round has been easier than expected. And I must say, Sam and Camden definitely have the same hair. If you find a solution, I must know what it is!
Joanna B said…
Those two are so funny! Love the anecdotes! Hope you are feeling alright!
Elizabeth Frick said…
I can't get over how absolutely adorable Camden is! I love his hair!!! And I'm so glad to hear that this round has been easier on you.
I love Rory's confidence!!! She may be the next American Idol (at least in her mind!!). And yay for that Michael J. Fox quote--he's just downright awesome. And you are too.
Anonymous said…
I didn't even notice the earring thing until I read the caption of the picture! HA!

And Brian looks mildly puzzled. Why is that?
Wow. That Michael J Fox quote makes you stop and think, huh?! I love it! (And I love that photo of you and the kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5