The Big Recap

Having trouble knowing where to start, so I'll just go from the beginning. Feel free to skim.

So my last Friday festivities started with a beautiful package in the mail from my friends, most of whom are fellow adoptive parents. They collected fabric scraps that were special to them and made them into a quilt. And not only that, but they each sent in a scrapbook page with notes to me. I cannot tell you how much I love it. LOVE it.

111111_3

The day continued with two photoshoots at a local park. It was cold, wet, dreary, and while not quite as successful as I would have liked, I still got some sweet shots of some sweet kiddos (no sneak peeks because it's a surprise for their family). I rushed home to change clothes, then Brian and I headed to Nashville to TPAC to see Wicked. It was amazing. Our seats were right on the floor, and I laughed alot, smiled alot, and might have even shed a tear or two.

As we left our seats and walked into the lobby, Becky was there with balloons, a surprise sign, and my favorite: one that said "The Party is Here." It was such a fabulous surprise. It also explains all the ignored texts and phone calls from Becky on Friday. :)

And did I mention that Becky works for a fabulous coffee distributor, and he's been sending free coffee supplies to us? Becky's suitcase was loaded up with all kinds of goodies. And let me just say, there is no Folgers here. Just the good stuff.
111111_5

Saturday was Digital Scrapbooking Day, which is a scrapbooker's favorite day, and Becky and I were so excited to celebrate it together, something we've done only once before. Unfortunately, we'd stayed up so late the night before, the kids were around and very rambunctious, not to mention our internet decided to take a break all throughout the day so we didn't really get to do much scrapping.

Becky tagged along for my Saturday afternoon photoshoot, and it was so fun. The weather was beautiful, and having an assistant made life easier! Could these two be any cuter?


111111_1

Sunday was church, lunch with Michael and Liz, and an afternoon of scrapping. I did enough pages over the weekend that it deserves it's own blog post.

I got into a bit of trouble for only posting a picture of Becky and I. Here's the third sister. :)
(Hello, direct sunlight.)
111111_4

Monday morning we headed out bright and early to take Camden to school, drove to Springfield for bloodwork, picked up coffee, drove to a mall about 50 minutes away and spent the day shopping. We stopped in at Bare Escentuals and had our make-up done, might have bought some make-up as well. :) Even Rory got in on the fun and the sales-person gave her some lip gloss. You know how much she loves lip gloss! Came home just in time to throw on different clothes and attempt a family picture, then go see Real Steel with Liz. Anyone tired yet?

Here's a family picture that did not make the Christmas card.
111111_2

Tuesday was doctor's appointment, chemo, lunch at McDougals (considering how much I love this place, can you believe it was Becky's first time?) and a quick trip to Trader Joe's. Does anyone else shop at Trader Joe's? It's quickly becoming my favorite grocery store. The organic, all natural products combined with really fabulous customer service makes it a great place to shop. And let me just say that they have great treats there!

My friend Andrea kept Rory for us on Tuesday, and I think Rory was very happy to not spend another day running around town with her mama and Aunt Becky. Miss Andrea is much more fun!

111111_6

Wednesday, we finally were able to take it easy and relaxed in our p.j.'s most of the morning. Becky drove me in to the doctor's for my Neulasta shot, then I dropped her off at the airport, came home and crashed on the couch where I plan to stay for the next few days while I wait for chemo side effects to wear off (although as of Friday, things haven't been so bad).

Oh, and in the midst of all the excitement, several friends dropped by with delicious meals. Thank you so much!

And in case you're keeping track, my CA125 level after round 2 of Gemzar was up to 34 (was 28 last round). While it's not a significant increase, it's still an increase. One of these days I'm going to get good news, right?

Comments

Annie B. said…
PLEASE don't think I am a stalker! I know you just posted this 12 minutes ago:) I LOVE the photos, especially the quilt one, the one with the TWO sisters and the family shot! Thanks for the update and YES, just reading the activities made me tired! What a blessed week. Praying for a miracle!
Joy said…
LOVE all your photos! So glad you like the quilt - Beth did an awesome job putting it all together! Sounds like you have had a very busy and very fun few days.

I think I recognize the kids from your photo shoot. My MIL works for their dad. : )

Hope you have a great beginning to your birthday weekend!!! : )

(And, if that photo is the "outtake" for your card, I can't wait to see the real thing!)
Joyce said…
Loved, loved the pictures. I must say the family picture is great, and I like the 3 sisters/daughters! Thanks for the update...oh, and the quilt is precious! Can't wait to see it in person--and also sample some of your coffee related gifts.
Mayme said…
I am so you were able to enjoy a few days with Becky and had lots of energy to do everything!
That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! You are the busiest person I know!
Amy said…
I loved reading your recap of Becky's visit. It sounded like so much fun! I love the quilt, what a precious gift. The family shot is amazing and can't wait to see the Christmas card!
LOVE the quilt! LOVE! And the update... so many good tidbits in there. (Is it wrong that I love the picture of the coffee??) I also LOVE the sisters shot!

Now, here's hoping for some REALLY good news for you soon!
Kathy Reger said…
Beautiful pictures, time well spent.... priceless! Enjoy that beautiful quilt! Beth did an amazing job! I hope you can feel our love and support while it's wrapped around you:)
Have a very happy birthday, Melissa! May all your wishes come true!
Renee T. said…
Hi Melissa- the picture of all three sisters together is beautiful!

:) Renee

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5