Tuesday's Tidbits

Made this for supper last night with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and it was delicious. Okay, actually Brian made it. But it was still delicious. And there's leftovers for tonight.

This is a good article about taking pictures of your children - great tips everyone can use, not just OCD mamas with fancy cameras.

I have always been a strictly white-lights-on-my-Christmas-tree kinda girl, but I am feeling serious temptation to switch to colored lights. Thoughts?

I wrote this little tidbit on The Lily-Pad blog about UV filters. You should check it out even if it's only to read the short paragraph directly under the picture. ;)

Remember how I was all on top of things and actually managed to get our Christmas card designed and ordered early? Well, I was apparently under the influence of pain meds when I ordered because I somehow managed to upload the web-sized version of our card instead of the full-sized so our pictures are all fuzzy. Thank goodness for a 100% satisfaction guarantee from Winkflash. I have to pay to ship the bad cards back to them, but they are re-printing for free. So much for being ahead of the game, but at least we won't have fuzzy faces. Cause you know I'm not sending out fuzzy pictures even if I had to pay for them twice.

I am fairly certain that I had Starbucks nearly every day last week. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but since I don't live close to a Starbucks, I had to take advantage of having one conveniently located. And Liz and I stopped twice for Starbucks on our way to Illinois. It is entirely possible that all the caffeine is responsible for very little sleep last week.

I am overwhelmed in a good way with all of the scrapping supplies and cute pictures that are currently sitting on my computer hard drive. Now if I could only be a scrapping machine and get caught up. One of these days I'm going to get to it.

Headed to see Dr. W this morning about this stupid scar tissue. Taking Rory with me so I won't cry when he decides something painful must be done to it. Because I am fairly sure something painful will have to be done with it.

I'm sure you've noticed this week's edition of Tuesday's Tidbits is completely devoid of any cute kid tidbits. That would be because I'm a failure at writing anything down these days.

But here's a cute picture of Rory to make up for it. We curled her hair a couple of weeks ago because she is currently in a serious Fancy Nancy phase. And Fancy Nancy has curly hair.

112911

Comments

Amanda said…
Beautiful picture of Miss Rory and thanks for the tip on the filter. Love the line from Brian LOL. I will have to check in to these. I have never used them before.
Mayme said…
Good luck with Dr. W today! Love the curly (round round) hair...that is what Emma calls curly hair.
Laurie said…
I will definitely have to look into the UV filter!! Thanks for the tip!! Loving the picture of Fancy Rory!! She's so beautiful and that sparkle in her eyes never ceases to amaze me. I've been thinking of you lots lately!! You're in my prayers!! Oh and as for the Christmas tree lights? I've only ever known white lights...our lights on our tree weren't working this year so Nate went to buy more...he brought home colored. It was so different at first, but I have to say that there's something about sitting there in the quiet evening looking at the colorful lights that is so nice!! :)
Joanna B said…
Mackenzie just got into fancy Nancy, too! I don't understand the infatuation,haha.
Amy said…
Love the curly hair and that 10 tips article! I need all the help I can get! I'm also a white lights kind of girl but I'm thinking about colored this year for Lukas. Not that he'll need another reason to get his hands on the tree! :)
she looks so cute in curls!!
LOVE the picture of Rory!

LOVE that you managed to get that much Starbucks in a week...

I am also RELIEVED you had the lens filter on... WHEW! HAPPY that Brian gets the "blog thing you sometimes do" and GIDDY to see the final card... the real one. (Hint, hint.) ;-)
Krista said…
- now I'm really glad I just bought a UV filter!
- go for colour - enjoy a little whimsy (I'm a white light lady too - but this year we have added 1 multi coloured tree)
- Winkflash - thanks for sharing!
- Rory totally rocks those curls!
Heather in WA state said…
We do BOTH white lights, and colored lights, and red candles from Sweden. The more, the better!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5