Chicken Pot Pie
My friend Angel and her little boy Mason came over this morning to play and Rory spent the whole time begging to color instead of playing. She's feeling a bit cantankerous and it showed! Our weekend is supposed to be pretty uneventful, although poor Brian has a lock-in with the teens tonight (thank heavens I can use the kids as an excuse to not attend!). Tomorrow I'll probably take the kids out of the house so he can catch up on a bit of sleep.
Here are a few random things from this week:
- I was chopping carrots in the kitchen while Camden and Rory colored in the computer room, and I heard Camden say, "Mommy, could you be any louder?" Yep, he's heard that one before.
- Rory's new thing is running to tell me everything she hears on TV. Usually it's words like, "Moooommmy, she just said January" (yes, I heard that this week). Yesterday, she went around the house giggling and saying, "Don't get mad, get gas."
- The kids love scrambling around the house in their super hero capes and Camden has decided that they need names. His newest name for himself was Death Man, but we decided that was a touch too dramatic so he changed it to Skull Man. Rory's is Heart Girl (because she was wearing a dress with hearts yesterday). Of course, she can't quite say her r's and ran around the house calling herself "Hot Girl."
- Camden's class is having a canned food drive and this morning as I got his bag ready, he said very seriously, "now don't forget - the cans have to actually have food in them."
- Rory scrapped her knees (and I use scrape lightly since that's quite an exaggeration) Wednesday night at church and she wasted no time telling anyone and everyone who would listen about who pushed her down, etc.She has continued with her pity party and asks us constantly to pray about it.