SaRang is ours

This afternoon was so hard. We were both so nervous, and, of course, there is no way to describe the magnitude and emotion of those few final moments with Mrs. Park and SaRang. I felt like time was whizzing by as Ms. Lee, the social worker, went through last minute papers, went through all the things that Mrs. Park had brought for SaRang, asked us if we wanted to sign up for the newsletter, etc. We quickly took a few pictures, and then Ms. Lee told us that we would say goodbye to Mrs. Park at the elevator.

The director of intercountry adoption walked with us and then Mrs. Park bent down to speak to SaRang. She was already crying pretty hard at this point, but she soon pointed into the elevator and told SaRang to go. She shook her head no and so Mrs. Park picked her up and set her in the elevator. At this point, SaRang is crying. I picked her up and tried to soothe her, but she did not want me. The director of intercountry adoption was trying to console Mrs. Park while Ms. Lee was on the elevator with us trying to soothe SaRang. Mrs. Park reached her hand out to SaRang to touch her one last time and then the elevator doors closed. SaRang cried until we got outside and then perked up. Ms. Lee walked us out and continued to speak to SaRang and I am sure that helped.

She did really well during the short walk back to the guesthouse, but began to seem more scared as we walked down the hallway into the room. She soon looked at me and just started screaming. You can tell that she is so aware that something is not right. We quickly turned on the Korean CD that Mrs. Park had sent, and she really likes it, but was glued to me. We tried to play with her with a little success, but not much. We also brought out the blanket, pillow, stuffed animal, and towel that were her favorites, and we laid down on the floor. She is currently still sleeping on the blanket and has been for the last 30 minutes or so. I know that when she wakes up, it will be hard. Please pray that we'll know the right things to do for her.


The "Before" picture - while we were filling
out paperwork and she was next to Mrs. Park.



The "After" picture - right after we returned to the room.


Comments

Wendy said…
Melissa,
I'm up to check on you all. Poor little sweetie!! So hard!! Bless her heart! I'm praying for her...and you! I remember it so well with my Gracie. I will continue to pray throughout today.Praying for Mrs. Park as well! Congratulations!Big Hugs!
Anonymous said…
I have thought about you guys all night. Each time I woke up tonight I said a little prayer for all of you, including Mrs. Park. Hang in there. Congratulations on the most beautiful little girl. We love all of you guys.
M :-) said…
Melissa, I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you.

(((((hugs))))) to sweet little SaRang.
chelle belle said…
Tears here. This HAS to be one of the hardest parts.... Many prayers for you ALL today! May each of you experience the Father's touch today in a very special way!

Peace to your heart...
Chelle
(Holt BB)
Anonymous said…
Melissa,

I'm so thrilled you finally have SaRang! I pray that SaRang finds peace and comfort during this very difficult transition. Prayers also sent your way during this highly emotional time.
Angie said…
We are praying that God will give all of you peace through this time of transition. And also wisdom for you and Brian as you try to comfort SaRang. Congratulations on having your little girl in your arms forever!
BurnsFamily said…
Melissa,

Thinking and praying for you, Brian, SaRang and Mrs Park. I can't begin to imagine all the emotions you all are feeling. Praying for a safe flight and smooth transition for SaRang. What a wonderful treasure you have getting to know all her likes/dislikes directly from her foster mother. I can only imagine how much harder this would be if you were handed her off of a 20 hour plane ride from a stranger. Carlos's blog has been a major factor in our decision to travel for our next child as well! Hugs to you!
Janel
Oh melissa I remember that walk back to the guesthouse like it was yesterday. I cried soo hard. I could have never imagined it would be that difficult on any of us.

Remember it is okay to cry and soon it will all be better!

I will keep saying my prayers and thinking happy thoughts!

Keep the updates coming!
Welcome to the family SaRang!
bodegalee said…
Oh Melissa

I've been thinking of you. It's sooo hard and your description brought tears to my eyes and that's exactly how things happened with Alex - like something out of a movie: that last touch of hands thru closing elevator doors. Saying a prayer for all of you. Keep us posted if you can. She's just such a sweetie pie!
Anonymous said…
So glad you are using her traditional name, it is very nice and fits her so well. Praying that your trip home is easy for you all and you get her settled in at home without any problems. She is beautiful and you are so blessed!
Matt Millard said…
Melissa,
I have been thinking of you, Brian and sweet SaRang! Many prayers being said for all of you including Mrs.Park.

Sarah
(Matt & Sarah on Holt BB)
Anonymous said…
I'm praying that SaRang gets more comfrotable as the time passes. I can't begin to imagine how emotional that is. Congratulations!
Christine(tinetine)
Karen said…
You are all in my prayers. I know you will be guided to give her what she needs.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5