SO EXCITED!!

Can you tell I'm yelling in excitement in my title? First, I get to leave work a little early today and finally use the gift certificate I received for Mother's Day. I'm going to the Decadence Day Spa for a Rocky Road Pedicure and a Spa Manicure. Sound fun?? They use chocolate in all their treatments, and the description for the pedicure mentioned marshmallows between my toes and a dish of Rocky Road ice cream. I can't wait!

But my main excitement is for a much bigger reason! Camden and I are going to Tulsa to see Becky and Micah and the boys. Someone had given them vouchers for 2 flights that had to be used by August 5, and Becky's doctor told her she couldn't travel so Becky emailed me yesterday asking if Camden and I could make the trip. I am just so excited! We haven't seen them since the first week of May and I wasn't sure when we would see them before Thanksgiving. We leave August 1 and will stay for 4 days. Becky has a chemo treatment that week, but we're hoping she'll still be feeling all right. The new treatments that she started this week don't seem to be affecting her as badly as the others. But even if she is sick, I will still be so glad to see her and I can just help out with the boys if that's what she needs. Just hope she's not planning on me cooking! LOL

One thing I'm not too excited about is the fact that it's 96 and so incredibly humid today! It is just miserable outside! It is supposed to cool off a bit for the weekend, so I'm glad for that.

We're having an adoption fundraiser yard sale Friday and Saturday so this is going to be a busy weekend! We've had a ton of people give us alot of stuff, plus we have plenty of things from when we moved so hopefully it will go well.

AHHH! I'm the only person on my floor today. Can it get any more boring around here?

Here are a couple of pages I finished up yesterday. The first one is a picture of Camden sleeping with his giraffe. Uncle Andy and Aunt Dodi gave him this giraffe right after he turned 2. He immediately named him Lazarus and it has been his best buddy ever since. I keep thinking he'll grow out of it, but not yet anyway!


This one is just nice and simple - a picture of Collette and I from her visit 2 weeks ago. She was a very dear friend to me when they lived here, and I still miss her friendship.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Melissa, I am sooo proud you and Camden are getting to go see Becky, Micah and the boys! What a blessing that will be for them as well.
(I've actually felt a little guilty because you didn't get to join all of the rest of us when we were there.)
Chris said…
That spa sounds SO AWESOME!!!! I've never heard of anything like that (maybe it hasn't hit the midwest yet....) ;)
I'm glad you get to see Becky too- I hope you both enjoy it.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel