Anticipation

Know what I'm sitting here looking at? The new Harry Potter book! I am so excited to read it, but honestly if it were up to me, I'd probably put it off just a bit because I sorta like the anticipation of knowing it's here, but not knowing what's going to happen. Is Harry going to live or die? But I know that if I don't start reading, I'll find out the answer either online or on TV because I'm sure it's going to to be everywhere! So, now I have a decision to make tonight - read HP or scrap.

I'm blogging from the front yard again. The weather has turned out to be PERFECT! If you can believe it, I needed a jacket this morning it was so cool. We're getting ready to start packing things up. I don't have a total amount yet, but we have done much better than I anticipated, and we've even met some really nice people. One lady noticed our adoption fundraiser sign and slipped in a $50 check in between the 2 dollar bills she had used to pay for her items. One of Brian's teen boys stopped by and told Brian he had some extra money laying around and wanted to donate it. Several church people stopped by and paid extra for their items, plus donating items to sell. So I would definitely call the sale a success. I'll post a total on Monday. The best news is that just now someone finally decided to take us up on the offer of a free kitten. Now we're back to just Ruby.



Comments

Bretta said…
I'm doing my usual catchup on reading blogs a bit at a time today. So glad to hear your yard sale went well and that Becky is doing better. PTL!

That pedicure sounds wonderful. I read about it and then wandered off to tell my 20 yo dd about it. She is counseling at camp for the third week this week and I think it would be a fun thing for the counselors to do together after the kids go to bed. Marshmallows between your toes...I love it!!

Melissa, your layouts are just getting more and more wonderful all the time. Really. I am so inspired when I look at them. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel