Weekend

Our weekend was fairly uneventful. I did have a nice quiet Friday morning. Camden went to school so I headed out to the nearest Clinique counter to check out some new make-up. This is kinda odd for me, but about 18 months ago, I met the manager for our local Clinique counter and we just really clicked. So now when I come in, we chat; she gives me free samples, good make0vers, etc. So I went and picked up some new eyeshadow, lipstick, and lipgloss. I was feeling slightly guilty until I read Gina's blog. Brian was at the youth retreat until late afternoon Saturday so Camden and I rented a movie for him and one for me. We watched Madagascar in the living room and ate pizza and Halloween candy and had fun. He laughed out loud over and over at the movie. Of course, later when I asked him his favorite part of the movie he said, “When the squirrels called the lion, hippo, and zebra ‘pansies’ and when the zebra said, ‘don’t bite my butt’.” Of course, he had to pick up on those two things! I watched American Dreamz after Camden went to bed and was quite disappointed. Pretty much a waste of my time!

Saturday Camden was up bright and early at 5:30! I tried to let him come to bed with me, hoping he would go back to sleep, but that boy is in constant motion and I finally kicked him out and let him go watch Madagascar again. I think he sleepwalked during his afternoon nap. After he'd been down about 45 minutes, I heard tons of racket in the monitor. I went to check, and he was walking into the bathroom completely loaded down with toys. He sat down in the bathroom floor and then just had this blank look on his face. He wouldn't answer me when I asked him what he was doing, so I picked him up and took him back to his bed. He immediately closed his eyes and was asleep. Kinda weird!


My sweet three year-old baby is at his Gramp's house watching a poor deer get cut up. Gramps and Papa Bob (great-grandpa) went hunting over the weekend and shot a deer and they are just desperate to get Camden over for pictures and to let him watch. Now anyone who knows me knows that I am adamantly opposed to this. However, it's a losing battle, and I only make things worse all around when I fight this so I guess I'm giving in. (well, he's already over there so I did give in) I just don't know how to avoid it when that whole side of the family is so into it. They absolutely don't understand my point of view and I don't understand theirs. Most of the time I win, but this is just one place that I can't win no matter how hard I try. You can be sure of this, though - I will not be scrapping those pictures (or even printing them!!). This is kinda funny, but I just remembered that our camera battery is dead so Brian won't actually be taking pictures!

I got to scrap some this weekend, which is always fun. What's really fun is this. Yes, I'm Kimberly's Mamalicious Girl of the Month for November. First Dani and now Kimberly. My birthday is not until Sunday, but it feels like I'm already celebrating! :)

Camden: Mommy, there’s bird poop on the window behind me. It’s gross.
Me: yes, it is.
Camden: Mommy, we don’t ever ever go poop on the window; only on the toilet. Okay?

Be Yourself - credits here

Fall Festival - credits here

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a lovely blog. You have a very nice family. I love the scrap book pictures. I have never been that creative...nice job!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel