Vote

I know many share this sentiment, but how great is it that today is election day! Mostly for this one simple reason - no more campaign ads. I'm so sick of them! I went and did my civic duty this morning before work. Camden went with us and thought he was voting by standing in line (not that he knows what vote means). So I went up to the little booth, and the man in charge of my booth was sooooooooo tall; my booth was also the tallest one there. And I am all of 5 foot standing on my tip toes! Brian said Camden said to him, "my mommy is small" as he looked at me, the man, and the booth!

Bought Camden's first Christmas present today. He's been obsessed with Cars since he first saw the movie preview months ago. He still gets excited and says, "there's my Lightning McQueen and my Mater" when he sees them. He's even named our two vehicles after the movie!

I was quite proud of myself this morning. I made my first contribution to our adoption fund from my scrap-for-hire business. It was small, but felt good anyway. Then as I started looking more at how much money we're looking at and how long it will take us to get there, I got a little depressed! Trying not to focus on long-range, but just trying to stay motivated for short-term goals.

This layout is a good way for me to stay focused! This is our first family picture taken just minutes after meeting Camden for the first time. Even 2.5 years later, it still makes me emotional to look at this picture.

Credits:
Dianne Rigdon's Faded Harvest papers;
Gina Miller's sketch template (slightly revised)
Rhonna Farrer flourish brush
Dianne Rigdon heart with wings

Comments

Bretta said…
Oh, Melissa, your page brings tears to my eyes too. What a beautiful layout, but mostly what a beautiful family you are! Are you doing any types of fundraisers for your adoption, or just scrap for hire?? Let me know...I'd love to help!

And yes, I just voted!
Dianne Rigdon said…
This is so special, Melissa! Maybe you can think about creating quick pages for me for the shop?! Let's talk!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel