Tuesday's Tidbits

"You know I'm a good size, mama . . . for being Koreanish." One guess as to who that came from.

Starbucks Via packets for iced coffee are surprisingly good! Especially poured into16 oz. bottled water, topped off with a little half-n-half and then chilled in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.

Not a big fan of her theology, but this post by Momastery completely cracked me up.

I finished up The House at Tyneford yesterday. Think Downton Abbey in book form.

We can now add skunks to our list of animal friends found in our front yard.

When I saw Dr. W for my post-op appointment a couple of weeks ago, his nurse was weighing a little elderly lady. She weighed all of 86 pounds and I was feeling a little sorry for her until she told the nurse that "maybe some of you hefty girls could share with me."

I bought a pair of white shorts last week. Maybe this isn't a big deal to you, but I have NEVER bought a pair of white shorts/capris/jeans, etc. It seemed as if fashion was dictating that I *must* or else be hopelessly out of style.

Local friends, you should definitely check out The Silly Goose in East Nashville. I met my friend Kari there for lunch last week, and it. is. delicious. It's also right next door to Jeni's and I can now completely vouch for the Juniper and Lemon Curd ice cream flavor.

I completely related to this blog post titled A Little Beauty Goes a Long Way. It basically talks about a few ways you can bring bring a little beauty into your life every day, and I definitely could have written this. I have music playing in the house all day long; I almost always have a candle burning; I keep windows/doors open to let in the light. It's why even though we didn't unpack any kind of decorations, I pulled out this picture (see below) and set it out. It's why I bought fresh daisies the last time I was at Trader Joe's. And it's why I went ahead and ordered a BIG canvas from our recent Angela Crutcher photoshoot. We're not unpacking anything that's unnecessary in this house, but I find that I need a few of my pretty things out and about.

DSC_0096

These aren't exactly the best photos I've ever taken (or Brian since he had the camera part of the time), but the kiddos were both being so sweet, and I totally know when to take advantage of that. Hopefully, instead of noticing the bad pictures or my completely unglamorous SAHM outfit and bare face, I'm going to remember the crazy giggles from Rory. How she kept pulling my face to hers. How she laughed and laughed and laughed because I took a picture of her without her pants. How Camden is SO proud that he is almost as tall as I am. How Brian kept whispering embarrassing secrets to him. How much I love these 3 precious people.

DSC_0382

DSC_0387

I'm almost as bad as my mother with these less-than-attractive pictures.
DSC_0399

DSC_0401

DSC_0406

DSC_0407

DSC_0422

DSC_0436

DSC_0441

DSC_0442

DSC_0443

DSC_0462

DSC_0468

Yep, he's this tall. Actually, I'm that short.
DSC_0486


Comments

Wow, Camden IS tall! Or you are really, really short! I loved the pictures. And that Rory is a good size...even if she is Koreanish!
Brandy said…
You lost me at, "Think Downton Abbey in book form"...seriously??? I'll be ordering that book! Love the show :)
I think that sometimes the moment that is captured outweighs all the technicalities that go into making a great photo. :-)

And seriously, you went from one amazingly lit yard to another?! That's just not fair. ;-)
Vicky said…
That last one totally takes the cake! Your hair looks so thick and healthy - actually you radiate health. I can totally see you were having fun and just being in the moment!
Lori! said…
There are SO many things I want to say about this post, but I honestly can't quit laughing about the whack a mole. I do bedtime by myself about 95% of the time and have started camping out in their bedroom until I hear one of the boys snoring...but now every time I'm going to picture the whack a mole game in my mind...and laugh. Thank you for that!
Karen said…
You look fabulous!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5