Thousand Gifts (6/18/12)

Our weekend in a nutshell:

Saturday was devoted to a little furniture project I somehow talked Brian into - painting an old walnut desk we bought for $5 at a yard sale way back in 2002. It might have taken all day (and we're still missing some hardware), but it's back in the living room and looks SO much better. I'll post a before/after picture after Brian finishes re-upholstering the chair.

Saturday night Kari came over so I could take some pictures of Emmalyn, and I just adore them. Here's another one (or two) that I love.

DSC_0769

DSC_0902

Father's Day was spent at church in the morning. Brian's dad came over for lunch (sliders, roasted vegetables and homemade brownies with Pioneer Woman's mocha icing). The boys watched golf all afternoon, then we headed back to church for the kid's VBS program. Rory sang in a trio and then prayed at the end. Doesn't matter that the girl does not have a musical bone in her body; she likes to volunteer for things. There might be a video coming soon.

Look at these brown babies. They have been wearing out our little pool out on the deck. In fact, Saturday they got in at 10:30 and didn't get out until we made them at 3:30. They barely stopped for a quick sandwich, which they ate on their towel outside next to the pool. Seriously the best $24.99 we've spent in a long time!

And, yes, I kind of dressed them all to coordinate. But don't tell Brian.
DSC_0974

And my Thousand Gifts for this week:

lunch and ice cream with Kari
a few hours alone
anticipating our trip to Oklahoma
exploring downtown Clarksville
first trip of the season to a farmer's market
the kid's sheer joy at the prospect of a whole week of VBS
having time to scrap
the opportunity to do the little things for Addison, even changing her diaper
hearing Addison coo and laugh
naptime photos
impromptu photo shoots with the kids
Annie Sloan paint
an afternoon spent with friends
taking pretty photos of Emmalyn
my new canvas print of our family
watching both Camden and Rory sing in front of a crowd at church
staying late at church to talk with friends
email chats with Christine about photography
Reading this scripture and feeling as if maybe someone is praying this for me. For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever, and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21(ESV)



Comments

You have lots of wonderful things happening there! I love that you coordinated everyone. I love that the pool is getting so much use. I love everything on your list. (I love that I made the list! And watch out, I got more to say!) You've found lots of time to do all sorts of things lately. I think I need a pool here too.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel