Tuesday's Tidbits - Rory edition

All from this week. Life is never boring. Or quiet.

"Don't you think I'm being real quiet except for the chatter right here?"

A few seconds later, "I hope I'm not getting you real tired with my talking, mama. I've debated it."

"What's the name and number from the 'for God so loved the world' words?"

Rory was asking us about what we were going to be when they (as in Camden and Rory) were grown-ups. We told her that we would be grown-ups just like Grandma and Grandpa are grown-ups. Rory paused then said, "well, I didn't want to say this, but Grandma and Grandpa have ruffles on their hands."

We arrived in Oklahoma Friday evening, and we've been "lucky" enough to have temperatures well above 100 degrees while we've been in Oklahoma. As in, it's 6:23 Monday evening and currently 102 outside.We passed the high school this afternoon, and the temperature read 123. Nope, not a typo.

Becky and I have been watching lots of Olympic Trials. It was our goal to be together for the actual Olympics, but I don't think that's going to happen so the Olympic Trials will have to do.

Anyway, having lots and lots of fun. The cousins are giggling non-stop and being completely silly. Last night was a water balloon fun followed by root beer floats. This morning is a tour of the Blue Bell Creamery (complete with ice cream, of course).

Comments

Monica said…
the name and number & ruffles...her comments make me laugh!
Joanna B said…
Her cuteness just slays me...and I think I might have ruffles by my eyes.
Not only do I want to hang out with you and talk cameras and processing while drinking coffee... I want to chatter with Rory. OK?!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel