Leaving on a Jet Plane

Okay, actually, we're not leaving on a jet plane, but we are leaving. For 11 days. With 2 children. Yes, we'll need lots of prayers. I read this on the Momastery blog this morning, and I thought it appropriate. ;)

DUDE. Vacation is hard. Everyone came WITH me. And they all need the same amount of food and grooming and such as they do at home. And although I did not think that this was possible, they seem to be fighting MORE here. Which makes me MORE MAD at them than I am when they fight at home.

 So while we're in both Oklahoma (to see Becky, Micah, and the boys) and Texas (to be present for Clearview's first baptism and a big outreach event), I'm not sure if I'll be blogging. Oh, who am I kidding. You can't shut me up that easily so I'm sure I'll still be blogging, just maybe not quite as often. And then you're going to be slammed with pictures when I get back.

And speaking of pictures, I have a few to share.

Happy Anniversary to me! Eight years ago Brian bought me my first Eco-Citizen watch for our 7th anniversary (and right after Camden arrived home from Korea), and it lasted all this time until it somehow fell off my wrist a couple of months ago during one of my marathon trips to Nashville. So for our 15th anniversary, I got a new Eco-Citizen watch. And I have to say it's much cooler in person than it is in this picture. I just love it. And it's all silver even though it looks like a little gold here in the picture.

DSC_1016

Kathy brought me these owls last week. Seriously, have you ever seen anything so cute?
DSC_0691

Rory has quite a reputation for eating slowly. So slowly, in fact, that we generally let her start early, eat breakfast/lunch/dinner with her, and then completely clean the kitchen while she continues to eat. If she's still not finished (which happens ALOT), then she's on her own.
DSC_9198

A picture of Addison I found. Clearly, it was while we were in a packing phase. Poor baby.
DSC_8744

I love this boy so much. We've had a rough couple of days together, but some it is our fault. We've had so much summer fun that we've neglected boring things like sleep and it finally caught up to him in his behavior. A 2 hour nap at 9:30 this morning, and he woke up in a much better mood.
DSC_1033

Check out the layered necklaces. It's the first thing he puts on every morning and the last thing he takes off at night.
DSC_1035

And this girl just cracks me up. I have heard, "I am SO E-CITED to go to Oklahoma" about 3 dozen times in the last hour alone. And it cracks me up how she says words like: e-cited and e-dorable.
DSC_1058

DSC_1038

And with that, I'm off. I have a few posts scheduled so you won't be too lonely. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
E-dorable is right, Rory! Sweet pics!
And yes, I think Rory's eating habits may go back to the Hawn's (;) --my grandmother, (and me!)
OH WELL.
HAVE AGREAT TRIP!!!
Gma E
Isaac is a slow eater too....but only at dinner time. Maybe he is trying to avoid bedtime??6
Krista said…
Have a wonderful trip!! Hopefully you won't need a vacation from your vacation.
kris with a k said…
those owls! SO CUTE! LOVE!!
KrisJ said…
I am laughing, I could take the same eating pic of Malia at every meal. It kinda drives me crazy!!!! Have a great trip!!
I was all set to comment on the watch and the photo of rory in the kitchen... then I saw that last series of the kiddos. Uhm, amazing! I. Am. Jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel